Contacting Cruise Connect/Intercruise to book.

FangedRose

Travelling with cruise connect to Southampton for 1st time on Sunday from Washington Services A1. We usually drive. Information about pick up point just states coach park not clarifying Southbound or Northbound services .For some reason I got it into my head pick up and drop off were both from Northbound side of motorway, it does say in small print on confirmation all pick ups at motorway services Southbound of motorway. Can’t get through to office. Can anyone reassure me please? ( as I am paranoid about missing the bus)

54 minutes ago, Mankim said:

Travelling with cruise connect to Southampton for 1st time on Sunday from Washington Services A1. We usually drive. Information about pick up point just states coach park not clarifying Southbound or Northbound services .For some reason I got it into my head pick up and drop off were both from Northbound side of motorway, it does say in small print on confirmation all pick ups at motorway services Southbound of motorway. Can’t get through to office. Can anyone reassure me please? ( as I am paranoid about missing the bus)

Logic would suggest Southbound but to put your mind at rest you could always ring the Services to confirm because it’s probably going to take until Friday to get through to Cruise Connect 🙄

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mankim said:

We go regularly. Pick up is Southbound. The coach parks behind the services building near the petrol station.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mankim said:

Pick up is on the south bound. You need to be at the back of the services next to the petrol garage. Around 5:30 a.m. is a good time to get there if you are leaving at 6:00. We normally get there just before that. Drop off is North bound.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Mankim said:

Thank you for the advice, reassured and looking forward to our cruise on the Arvia pick up is 5.30 am 😁 

They will take your cases to put in hold and you will see them next at your cabin door. So keep out anything you need. 

On our 1st cruise on the return our son (eventually) went to the wrong side to pick us up. What a clart it was to get to the other side with all the cases.

On our last cruise a couple stayed the night before at the hotel.  It was probably cheaper than a taxi.

• Like 1

On 5/17/2023 at 1:55 PM, FangedRose said:

Got through! Booked!

But no email confirmation. Ah well. It was a bad line, and my email is rather complicated. Will wait a day or so and try to contact them again. Hopefully the other options will not be so busy.

Pleased you finally got through, FangedRose. 

Can I just ask what time the pick-up is in Carlisle? We're hoping to use Cruise Connect later this year - assuming I can contact them!

Thanks!

I gave up with Cruise Connect.

I board the coach at Burtonwood Services,,,,,CC pick up at 09:15,,,,Eavesway picks up at 07:45……Eavesway always pulls up at terminal for ~13:30.

So if I book Select I choose OBC and book Eavesway.

CC use Ellisons coaches which are great but sometimes CC will put on an old banger of a coach.

21 hours ago, Wordzz said:

Pleased you finally got through, FangedRose. 

Can I just ask what time the pick-up is in Carlisle? We're hoping to use Cruise Connect later this year - assuming I can contact them!

Thanks!

It is usually between 5am and 6am.

I half-heartedly tried to phone intercruise to get my missing confirmation. I got a real shock when phone was answered in less than 20 minutes. Corrected my email address (using a prepared phonetic script), and asked them to stay on the line while I refreshed my email until it came through.

And relax. 🙂

3 minutes ago, FangedRose said:

I half-heartedly tried to phone intercruise to get my missing confirmation. I got a real shock when phone was answered in less than 20 minutes. Corrected my email address (using a prepared phonetic script), and asked them to stay on the line while I refreshed my email until it came through.

And relax. 🙂

Fantastic news and provides hope for anyone still trying to get booked. Let’s hope all major issues are now resolved 😅

• Like 1

According to P and O, ''If you have complimentary coach travel as part of your Select Price fare benefit, you can book your space via the Cruise Connect website. If you go onto the website, and press the tab 'Book Online', and input your information, when you press the green button 'show price' this should be listed as £0 and reserve your space. Coach booking's need to be made 35 days prior to departure date.''

If that's the case then there's no need to phone and add to the volume of calls.

29 minutes ago, UiHyt said:

According to P and O, ''If you have complimentary coach travel as part of your Select Price fare benefit, you can book your space via the Cruise Connect website. If you go onto the website, and press the tab 'Book Online', and input your information, when you press the green button 'show price' this should be listed as £0 and reserve your space. Coach booking's need to be made 35 days prior to departure date.''

If that's the case then there's no need to phone and add to the volume of calls.

Have tried this (thank you for the info) and after clicking through on the "show price" its coming up at £226.00 not 0? So its back to the phone line,  would be great if this actually worked would make it much easier 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Libby3723 said:

Have tried this (thank you for the info) and after clicking through on the "show price" its coming up at £226.00 not 0? So its back to the phone line,  would be great if this actually worked would make it much easier 

Thanks

Thought as much. The P and O information is incorrect then.

How about paying the £226 and then speaking to your cruise provider and asking them to reimburse you, and sort it out with Cruise Connect themselves?

I got the fear after reading this thread but emailed them earlier in the week to ask about my select fare coach trip.  Everything sorted within a few days, and even that long was partly because I couldn't email back at work.  Now just to wait and find out what unearthly hour I need to get to Edinburgh bus station at! 😄

24 minutes ago, Acaila said:

I got the fear after reading this thread but emailed them earlier in the week to ask about my select fare coach trip.  Everything sorted within a few days, and even that long was partly because I couldn't email back at work.  Now just to wait and find out what unearthly hour I need to get to Edinburgh bus station at! 😄

When you say you emailed, did you fill in the online form on their website, or email them direct? If the latter, what is their email?

21 minutes ago, UiHyt said:

When you say you emailed, did you fill in the online form on their website, or email them direct? If the latter, what is their email?

The email I used was: cruiseconnect@intercruises.com 🙂

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Acaila said:

I was told 3.15am at Glasgow by the guy when I phoned but he said accurate timings would be sent with final docs three weeks before the cruise.

2 hours ago, Ilovemygarden said:

I was told 3.15am at Glasgow by the guy when I phoned but he said accurate timings would be sent with final docs three weeks before the cruise.

Sounds about right, as Carlisle pick up is usually around 5am.

7 hours ago, Ilovemygarden said:

Yes, I was thinking it would be 2-3ish (the last cruise I went on I went from Glasgow - I don't remember if they weren't running from Edinburgh or something like that).  Alas, all of the family seem to be away that weekend, so we may need to get a late bus in to the airport, then the city centre rather than getting a lift.

After initially having problems getting thru to Cruise Connect they finally answered the phone within a couple of minutes waiting and dealt with the booking straightaway. We've now received the email with pick-up time and final travel voucher, 17 days before the cruise date.

• Like 1