What is there to do on the ship if you stay on during a port day?

Thad409

5 hours ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

You're not sleeping in right. When I sleep in, it's time for lunch when I get up. lol

Man I WISH I could still do that.  Hubby and I say we wish we could sleep like teenagers again!

We still have normal jobs (not yet retired) and are up at like 5am.  When you are in that habit it is hard to sleep in.  For us, if we can make it to 8am we are sleeping in.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wemjam said:

Man I WISH I could still do that.  Hubby and I say we wish we could sleep like teenagers again!

We still have normal jobs (not yet retired) and are up at like 5am.  When you are in that habit it is hard to sleep in.  For us, if we can make it to 8am we are sleeping in.

Since we retired I found my "natural" hours are in bed about 1:30 and up about 10:00. But it is not all roses. The world conspires to get you up earlier.

The fun ship wants people to keep nursing home hours. If you are not up by 9:00 they start playing ads over the PA system. If you want other than a buffet breakfast on a port day the MDR closes at about 9:00.

So don't set your hopes too high about retirement letting you sleep late.

44 minutes ago, icft said:

Since we retired I found my "natural" hours are in bed about 1:30 and up about 10:00. But it is not all roses. The world conspires to get you up earlier.

The fun ship wants people to keep nursing home hours. If you are not up by 9:00 they start playing ads over the PA system. If you want other than a buffet breakfast on a port day the MDR closes at about 9:00.

So don't set your hopes too high about retirement letting you sleep late.

You and I should cruise together; we keep similar hours! I’m not actually retired; I run my own business and do work for a non-profit. So I can mostly keep my own hours except for people calling me early in the morning! I just hate it when they call before I’ve had my coffee.

My husband is a morning person so we keep completely different hours. He’s up at 7:30 am. And retired. I just don’t understand it! On a ship, it helps if we have a small suite because otherwise our hours drive the other a little crazy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wemjam said:

Easy for me to sleep in as I worked 25 years on night shift.

As for my wife she is up around 6am 7 days per week whether she has work or not. 

We do this for Nassau.... probably the last 4 or 5 cruises, we just stay on the ship. My husband has COPD & asthma and that walk from the ship to nothing-land would be too much...the shuttle is hit or miss....we get some breakfast and go back to room and grab our towels and stuff and enjoy the serenity deck.... cocktails and sun....just what I always wanted 😉 

We've looked into some of the excursions like Margaritaville or Baha Mar....but what would we do there? Lay by the pool and enjoy drinks?? wait... 😆