CAROUSEL SHOWS

Purdey16

It’s my first MSC cruise next week on Virtuosa please can someone tell me what time these shows are and if they are on twice in one evening, I’m not sure if to book before my cruise or leave until I get on as I don’t know what time I will be given for dinner , also are the shows worth it ? 

5 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

It’s my first MSC cruise next week on Virtuosa please can someone tell me what time these shows are and if they are on twice in one evening, I’m not sure if to book before my cruise or leave until I get on as I don’t know what time I will be given for dinner , also are the shows worth it ? 

Looking through past programs, the shows were at 21:30 nightly.

I would recommend you book them ahead of time because they're popular and sell out. Should you end up with a dinner conflict and they can't change them, just eat in the Buffet or Anytime Dining venue that night.

• Thanks 1

On Virtuosa last October, I think there was one performance most nights at 7pm or 9pm, alternating between the two different shows. One was better than the other imho, but both definitely very good, worth seeing, and a bargain at £9 including cocktail. 

Edited by BillieJeanKaraokeKing
  • Thanks 1

They are twice a night and shows alternate each night.  We watched both last week on Virtuosa and enjoyed them equally.  Book ahead if it isn't too late as ahead is 9 and on board is 15 each.

• Thanks 1

You can't book ahead just pay ahead.

£9 or  £15 on board.

Whatever dining time there will be one time that fits

If you buy with the dinner package it is cheaper.

Your dining time will be on your card, go to L'Atelier as soon as you board there is a dining desk you can check the weeks schedule for party gala nights  pick the night and book the show there 

The last few cruises boarding started close to 10am and was not busy,

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, insidecabin said:

You can't book ahead just pay ahead.

£9 or  £15 on board.

Whatever dining time there will be one time that fits

If you buy with the dinner package it is cheaper.

Are you thinking of the pre-COVID Cirque?  In Carousel shows I've been on, there is no dinner show option like with Cirque, just the show and a drink option.

3 hours ago, franncos said:

Does MSC charge for entertainment? 

Not for main theater shows.  On some ships (Meraviglia class), they have a theater in the aft that that charges for shows.  On Seashore class ships, there is a Cabaret theater in the aft that has shows for free (at least so far!).

23 minutes ago, JAGR said:

Are you thinking of the pre-COVID Cirque?  In Carousel shows I've been on, there is no dinner show option like with Cirque, just the show and a drink option.

No.

If you buy with the(2,3,4 special) dinner packages it goes down to £5/£4

1 hour ago, insidecabin said:

No.

If you buy with the(2,3,4 special) dinner packages it goes down to £5/£4

I see now what you were getting at.  It's not that way here in the US sailings.

13 hours ago, Ryan82 said:

I was just on the virtuosa and saw one of the two carousel shows. The cocktail you got with it was really bland but the show itself (inspired by chess) was very good.

We thought the same about the drink last year, going again in a couple of weeks and will carry our own drink of choice in from another bar. Loved the show though.

• Like 1