Changes that have occurred?

spearmint

On 4/22/2023 at 4:52 PM, spearmint said:

It has been 6 years since my last cruise and I understand some changes have happened, especially since the pandemic.  For example, I have been told that Celebrity no longer has lobster on the menu,and that the cabin stewards do up the cabins in the morning only.  Can anyone give any information of notable changes made?  I have the impression that one is given a specific time at which to board.... we were used to coming to the port in the morning and would be allowed to board to public areas en masse as soon as the ship allowed, even if the cabins were not available yet.  I am cruising again in November, and just want to be aware of new procedures etc.

Thanks,

Bill

Hi Bill,

Just back from a 4 night cruise on the Summit. 
There was lobster tail on the menu 1 night in the MDR.

The cabin steward came to tidy up twice am and pm.

Hope you have a great cruise 🚢 

3 hours ago, jagoffee said:

Buffalo trace on the first restart Apex TA.

That isn’t a top end bourbon like what they had.   Some think that Buffalo is a premium because it has the same bill mash as Blanton.   Then old Grand Dad is also a premium because it has the same bill mash as Basil Hayden.  The bottles are even the same.  `

On the Beyond they  also had Bulliet, MM, Beam and Ten High.    Those aren’t anywhere near what they use to have in the premium.   Some of those that use to be in the premium  are now available in Craft Social starting at $30 on the Beyond.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

9 hours ago, DesertRat46 said:

Currently on the Silhouette and agree the changes/cuts that we notice most is the fee for room service food and the higher prices in Tuscan Grill, etc.

The breakfast/lunch buffet is OK, but at lunch, in particular, they seem to repeat the same menu day-after-day. Looked at dinner offering once, kinda sparse, but even a picky eater, such as yours truly,  could find a meal.

On most post covid X cruises I found that the OVC had a different meat carving at every Lunch.