Bar Crawl

wickerpepper

4 hours ago, wickerpepper said:

Looking to set up a bar crawl for my family when we are in Bermuda.  Anyone have must go to bars in Bermuda?  Planning on renting a taxi for 4-5 hours or longer if needed.

Thanks,

John

In Hamilton I like Flanagan’s Irish Pub. The Hog Penny Pub is also good. In St George there is The White Horse Pub and also The Wharf. At the Dockyard there is the Frog and Onion.  There is The Swizzle Inn which is at Bailey”s Crossroads and is a bucket list pub in Bermuda. 

If you want a taxi for 4-5 hours or more that would be a taxi tour (3 hour minimum) and there would be a set rate of $50 an hour for the taxi for 1-4 passengers and $70 an hour for 5-7 passengers.

Your taxi driver likely would have recommendations…

Edited by Charles4515
  • Thanks 2

On 4/23/2023 at 12:15 AM, wickerpepper said:

Anyone have must go to bars in Bermuda?

The island has some great hotel bars that are worth a gander. 

At The Rosewood you have Tucker's Bar (which was a little more atmospheric before the renovation that took place a few years ago but still quite nice) where you can view the famous Pam Am Sky Club murals. They depict travel through the ages were originally commissioned by Juan Trippe for the Pam Am offices in NYC and are now on the walls of the adjacent Island Brasserie. Also at Rosewood is the Conservatory which has great views over the harbor area. 

Also out that way is Tom Moore's Tavern which is more of a restaurant than a bar, but we've gone there just for drinks numerous times and the enclosed outdoor area is wonderful, especially at dusk. I would second Charles in the recommendation of the Swizzle Inn, also close by, which should be on everyones Bermuda bar list. 

Back in Hamilton I also second Charle's rec of Hog Penny-- would be my favorite pub on the island.

At the Hamilton Princess you have a number of options-- the lobby bar, Crown & Anchor, is always a good time with a nice mix of folks. 1609 is a mostly outdoor restaurant on the harbor which is my least favorite option at the hotel but worth a mention. Then there is the new Intrepid which used to be called Marcus' prior to the pandemic. If they kept things mostly the same as it was before the morph into the new concept, it has a great bar that really gets to be fun at night with a great mix of tourists, business folks, and locals. 

• Thanks 1