Entertainment in June on Moon

pdaniel

2 hours ago, pdaniel said:

What is the evening entertainment currently on Moon?

The entertainment last year was terrible on both Moon and Dawn.

I Doubt it’s improved. On my last SS cruise the “voices” were performing their shows to a very appreciative 6 or 7 people in the Venetian lounge nightly. Only once did they venture out to the Panorama. Maybe the 6 had called it a night. It was on Summer solstice and at the northernmost point of our Alaskan journey so they could have taken advantage of the packed Panorama lounge but they just banged out a couple of Elton Johns less memorable ditties to hum along to and retired. I’ve only sailed SS twice but I must admit I was a little bemused that I haven’t yet seen on either cruise any sort of entertainment poolside for either a sail away or on a sea day. I Suppose that a line of loungers occupied by paperbacks can be a tough crowd though. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Daveywavey70 said:

I Doubt it’s improved. On my last SS cruise the “voices” were performing their shows to a very appreciative 6 or 7 people in the Venetian lounge nightly. Only once did they venture out to the Panorama. Maybe the 6 had called it a night. It was on Summer solstice and at the northernmost point of our Alaskan journey so they could have taken advantage of the packed Panorama lounge but they just banged out a couple of Elton Johns less memorable ditties to hum along to and retired. I’ve only sailed SS twice but I must admit I was a little bemused that I haven’t yet seen on either cruise any sort of entertainment poolside for either a sail away or on a sea day. I Suppose that a line of loungers occupied by paperbacks can be a tough crowd though. 

I think there were a couple of copies of "What's on" on the loungers.

SS entertainment has been the worst of any luxury line.

The buck stops with head office and the entertainment/Cruise director booker. 

It's not as if RCCL doesn't have any money.

Much better entertainment is had on any Royal Caribbean mega ship

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pdaniel said:

Very disappointing to hear it’s still the “voices”.

I thought SS was bringing in a new entertainment team.

From what I have been told, they will be doing new hirings across the fleet---without an agency as the  "middle man". I don't know when all the ships will be having this done but I also think the voices I have seen have been pretty good. So I guess entertainment can be subjective. 

So an update on the entertainment on the Moon. The current Voices of Silversea will be the last on the Moon. They will be leaving the Moon on August 17th.

The replacement will be a group of 2 singers, 6 dancers and a backing band -they were unsure of the numbers in the backing. Thought to be called the Silversea Ensemble. They are already on the smaller ships and the Muse now or in the next couple of weeks. Then the Moon. A new Voices of Silversea is due to start very soon on the Dawn and the usual contract is 6 months but might be shorter this time.

So on the Moon in June it will be the current Voices of Silversea. However I rate them as the best I have heard on Silversea. Their Queen show was excellent.

• Like 1