Carnival, Venezia - October 14 - 23, 2023

PCB7653

On 9/5/2023 at 6:01 AM, jackandmarian said:

Is anyone interested in playing Hand and Foot? I am bringing my cards and I understand there is a good place to play card games near the library.

Marian

My friend Richard and I love to play hand and foot and many other card games.  How many decks are you bringing?  I know everyone has different rules and we are flexible as to what they are.  We also play a game called golf....love spades....etal.  We like to find a place that is close to a bar since we have the drink package!  lol.  This is my 112 cruise, so we normally dont even get off the ship in most ports.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Travels247 said:

My friend Richard and I love to play hand and foot and many other card games.  How many decks are you bringing?  I know everyone has different rules and we are flexible as to what they are.  We also play a game called golf....love spades....etal.  We like to find a place that is close to a bar since we have the drink package!  lol.  This is my 112 cruise, so we normally dont even get off the ship in most ports.

Hi. I would be delighted to include you and Richard. I bring 6 decks. As with most games, there are variations on hand and foot. I'm sure we will have no trouble adapting. I also play golf but understand there are different ways to play. We will meet on deck 10 near the Lido. I understand that there is a small bar in that area.  I will contact you closer to our sail date with more information. Thank you for responding.  Marian

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/6/2023 at 4:42 AM, jackandmarian said:

Hi, Heide. My husband and I are to be on this cruise. Would love to meet up with you and your mom to play cards. I am in your mom's age bracket. My husband enjoys playing cards also. We don't have our room assignment yet, but when we do I will give you our room # to be able to be in touch once on board.

Marian

Okay sounds good but, My mom is not on this cruise My husband and I are

17 hours ago, Travels247 said:

Looks like I am now traveling solo.  Still want to play cards!  Any other solo travelers on this thread?  Am in room 8372.  Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Hi, Travels247. We are in room 7493. I will contact you when we are on board to plan a meeting place for card playing. It looks as though there are now four of us to play. I am looking forward to meeting everyone.  Marian

On 9/29/2023 at 10:27 AM, HeideB said:

Okay sounds good but, My mom is not on this cruise My husband and I are

Hi, HeideB.  We are in room 7493. Please contact me when on board. It looks as though there will be four of us - perhaps more. Please send me your room #.  Marian

4 hours ago, jackandmarian said:

Hi, HeideB.  We are in room 7493. Please contact me when on board. It looks as though there will be four of us - perhaps more. Please send me your room #.  Marian

We are in room 2256 We still would be interested in playing cards.

On 9/17/2023 at 12:48 PM, jackandmarian said:

Hi. I would be delighted to include you and Richard. I bring 6 decks. As with most games, there are variations on hand and foot. I'm sure we will have no trouble adapting. I also play golf but understand there are different ways to play. We will meet on deck 10 near the Lido. I understand that there is a small bar in that area.  I will contact you closer to our sail date with more information. Thank you for responding.  Marian

Is anyone interested in playing Pickle Ball? My husband, Jack is interested and bringing his paddle.  Marian

• Host Kat changed the title to Carnival, Venezia - October 14 - 23, 2023
On 10/9/2023 at 6:20 AM, jackandmarian said:

Is anyone interested in playing Pickle Ball? My husband, Jack is interested and bringing his paddle.  Marian

Hi 

I didn't realize they would have room for pickle ball. I would play if the time worked out. I am not a regular player, but always like to have fun.

I had booked this cruise some time ago, but just realized that I hadn't looked at the roll call

It's right around the corner now. 😀

7 hours ago, Nic6318 said:

Hi 

I didn't realize they would have room for pickle ball. I would play if the time worked out. I am not a regular player, but always like to have fun.

I had booked this cruise some time ago, but just realized that I hadn't looked at the roll call

It's right around the corner now. 😀

Hi, Nic 6318. Thank you for your reply. Pickleball is played on the basketball court deck 11 aft. We will check on this when we board and I will call you with info. Is your room # 6318? Ours is 7493. It is my husband, Jack who plays.

On 9/14/2023 at 5:33 PM, SwellBee said:

Howdy, my best friend and I are also going to be on this cruise and love to meet new people and play cards/games! We are both in our mid-late 30s but age is just a number!

Hi, SwellBee.  We will soon be onboard. It is very exciting. I will be in touch once I scope out an area suitable for playing. It looks as though there will be four of us. Could I please have your room #? We are in 7419. Safe travels,  Marian

Edited by jackandmarian

On 9/6/2023 at 6:42 AM, jackandmarian said:

Hi, Heide. My husband and I are to be on this cruise. Would love to meet up with you and your mom to play cards. I am in your mom's age bracket. My husband enjoys playing cards also. We don't have our room assignment yet, but when we do I will give you our room # to be able to be in touch once on board.

Marian

Hi, Heide. Our room # is 7419. I will be in touch once on board. Safe travels, Marian

6 hours ago, jackandmarian said:

7 hours ago, jackandmarian said:

Hi, Nic 6318. Thank you for your reply. Pickleball is played on the basketball court deck 11 aft. We will check on this when we board and I will call you with info. Is your room # 6318? Ours is 7493. It is my husband, Jack who plays.

Hi Marian

We are in cabin 1291. Just to be clear, my wife can't play. Her ankle won't allow that type of exercise. I am an older guy, but in pretty good condition, and I love to be active. Tell your husband to be gentle with the old guy 😀.

Hope to hear from you soon

Ian

3 hours ago, Nic6318 said:

Hi Marian

We are in cabin 1291. Just to be clear, my wife can't play. Her ankle won't allow that type of exercise. I am an older guy, but in pretty good condition, and I love to be active. Tell your husband to be gentle with the old guy 😀.

Hope to hear from you soon

Ian

Guess what, Ian. My husband is an old guy also and I do not play either. He also likes to be active. Sounds like a good match. I'll call you once we are on board and you two can meet up at the basketball court (deck 11 aft). Decide what would be a good time for you.

Safe travels, 

Marian

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/5/2023 at 11:32 AM, HeideB said:

Does anyone know why Carnival stopped doing Meet and Mingle ?

Hi

Carnival stopped the meet & greet due to covid, and have not restarted.

To be fair, they (Carnival) really never fully committed to the idea. At best it was hit or miss, depending on the ship. There was (I guess it would still be there) a significant thread on this site, basically complaining about that. Such as: it didn't happen, it was scheduled, during port times, during dinner times, nobody was notified, staff didn't show up, venue was double booked, etc. I experienced some of those poor attempts. It was typically suggested that we just do it on our own, as we did before they (on cruise critic) got the cruise lines to have a more formal meeting, I believe Carnival just didn't see it as a priority, and didn't put in the effort, certainly not like some other cruise lines did, and that is how everybody was comparing it.  

On 10/12/2023 at 5:04 PM, jackandmarian said:

Guess what, Ian. My husband is an old guy also and I do not play either. He also likes to be active. Sounds like a good match. I'll call you once we are on board and you two can meet up at the basketball court (deck 11 aft). Decide what would be a good time for you.

Safe travels, 

Marian

Ian, does your wife play cards?  Marian

2 hours ago, jackandmarian said:

Ian, does your wife play cards?  Marian

Good morning 

She says she would give it a try. 😀

we are on a bus right now heading to the port. We got on the bus near Albany.

safe travels to everyone 

• 2 months later...

We are on this Cruise along with Dee's Brother and his Wife (the 4 of us are from Victoria, BC) and 2 friends from England and 2 friends from Texas.

Will be our 1st time in NYC so we are flying in 2 days before the Cruise and staying 3 days after the Cruise to see and experience as much as we can....any recommendations on Hotels, must do's and best ways to see all the attractions would be appreciated.

Love the Itinerary on this Cruise and some of these Ports are amongst our favourites especially HMC and GT.

Looking forward to this one!!!

Jim