Earliest tour time from Civitavecchia

suncruiser78

14 minutes ago, suncruiser78 said:

Traveling on Enchanted Princess this summer.  Says we arrive at port at 5am.  Wondering what time to book an independent private tour.  Can we be off the ship by 7:00?

Thanks for any insight?

Unlikely in my experience.

But a private tour operator should have enough knowledge to arrange an appropriate time.

I agree with wowzz that it's unlikely, and it's worth noting that it will be a turnaround port with people leaving the ship to go home so that could make it a little more difficult. I'm sure the tour operator would be able to advise and also offer some flexibility in case of delays.

4 hours ago, suncruiser78 said:

Traveling on Enchanted Princess this summer.  Says we arrive at port at 5am.  Wondering what time to book an independent private tour.  Can we be off the ship by 7:00?

Thanks for any insight?

@wowzz and @CaptainPedantic have both given the best answer...I just wanted to say "Welcome to CruiseCritic!"

Pre covid we did a Princess excussion to Rome we were on our way to Rome a little after 7am. Also there are Princess excurssion that are about 10.5 hours long so they need to get people on there way for those. Check with your tour operator to make sure they will wait if you are late leaving the ship.