Do men wear dinner suits on Chic Nights

lottee

I mostly just wear slacks, a dress shirt, and tie and I've never been turned away.  It's too warm to wear a jacket to dinner and too much trouble to pack.  When we used to be able to use small steamers, airlines didn't charge for extra suitcases, and the cruise lines rented tuxes, etc. it was much easier.  But, these days they've made it very difficult (unless you live locally) to pack all the stuff needed.  Women have it easy.  My wife's stuff compresses down to very small and weighs almost nothing.

2 hours ago, johncandt said:

The trouble with standards is they tend to drop over time ,personally i wouldnt wear jeans to any restaurant. Suit yourselves!

Almost everyone around here is wearing jeans in all the restaurants. Many are wearing shorts. I live in Cowtown. They have rodeo events in my neighborhood. We have a different standard. Different culture. I never pack shorts when visiting the UK or Europe. Or white sneakers. 

Our family treats cruises like prom. It's our favorite time to dress up and get pictures. The masculine ones wear tuxedos. The fem ones wear over the top gowns. Rhinestones for both genders! We definitely stand out but we don't mind. 

Celebrity has less Tuxedos than Cunard, but more than Holland. All the cruiselines have gotten a little more casual but those of us who like it still dress to impress.