Chef's Table

Ladygmfd1

We were on Equinox in March. Our Chefs Table was on day 3…..but I believe they actually did two on our cruise, so it is hard to really know. I believe we found out the time on day 1. We had originally scheduled Le Petit Chef for Day 3. The retreat concierge did manage to get it rescheduled to the last night of tithe cruise for us.

• Like 1

There is never a set date on it, always random.  I usually look to see if they have the Veuve Cliquot Champayne dinner, never on the Cruise Planner always need to find a Sommelier to see if its being offered.  Those have been my favorite specialty dinners overall when I have done them.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Chardonnay Char said:

How does the Chef's Table differ from the Veuve Cliquot? 

They are similar but Veuve Cliquot is held in Tuscan while Chef's Table is in Murano.  The Chef's table can be booked with our without a wine paring and the VC pares a champagne cocktail/wine with each course.  Both are expensive and both were very enjoyable.  This is my experience with them back in 2019.  Things may be different now.

• Like 1

On 4/26/2023 at 5:16 PM, bjahil47 said:

Try calling celebrity.

Chef's Table schedules vary by ship so calling Celebrity to inquire wouldn't be a lot of help.  It's also the reason they don't often put it in the app until the sailing occurs.  As such, asking here on CC for anecdotals, (though not always reliable as things change), is the next best option.

Edited by Georgia_Peaches
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Chardonnay Char said:

The Veuve Cliquot dinner includes the champagne, and you get lots of it.  Different types of the Veuve Cliquot.  The Rich which is somewhat new to Veuve, the yellow label, Rose etc.  The dinner is I believe 6 courses and the 8 ppl we had for the dinner probably went thru 14-18 bottles.  ll look if I can find the menu we had. I know the main was like a 16 oz filet mignon....scallop dish....and it was a great time, in the beginning we listened to the server about the dishes and the sommelier but by 3rd course it was out the door we were having to much fun, it was like over 2 plus hours, honestly lost track of time, with great table mates.  Also they customized for my travel partner to vegetarian.  Her dishes were great also.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chardonnay Char said:

The Veuve Cliquot dinner includes the champagne, and you get lots of it.  Different types of the Veuve Cliquot.  The Rich which is somewhat new to Veuve, the yellow label, Rose etc.  The dinner is I believe 6 courses and the 8 ppl we had for the dinner probably went thru 14-18 bottles.  ll look if I can find the menu we had. I know the main was like a 16 oz filet mignon....scallop dish....and it was a great time, in the beginning we listened to the server about the dishes and the sommelier but by 3rd course it was out the door we were having to much fun, it was like over 2 plus hours, honestly lost track of time, with great table mates.  Also they customized for my travel partner to vegetarian.  Her dishes were great also.  image.thumb.png.e12f2f06851811888218f812709f2bfc.png

• Like 2

This sound amazing!! I would absolutely do the Veuve Clicquot dinner. It's my favorite Champagne. Not too expensive and delicious. Do you find out if your ship is doing this dinner once you're on board? We're on a July 7 northbound Alaskan cruise on the Millennium. 

For whatever it's worth, on our Norwegian Prima cruise in December, Veuve Clicquot was part of the premium drink package, so every night at dinner, we would order a glass of it, and the server at each restaurant would bring a bottle and open it for us and we were soooo happy. We asked why they brought a bottle instead of a glass, since bottles weren't part of the package, and they said because once you open a bottle, you have to use it all, and why not? I mean, we would have been able to order multiple glasses on our drink package anyway, but there was something about that full bottle right there in the ice bucket that was quite extravagant that we especially loved. It's almost enough to make us want to do another NCL cruise! 🙂