Seaside out of Port Canaveral

helenb

What's the best way to get from MCO to the port? Is an Uber possible? Or should we look into a rental car? Any other services of which I am unaware? How are other people getting to/from their Seaside cruises?

We are using GoPort, this will be my first time using it, but it sounds like they just continually run buses and you just get on the next available bus. I liked that I didn't have to worry about scheduling an exact time for the shuttle.

4 minutes ago, lukeca said:

We are using GoPort, this will be my first time using it, but it sounds like they just continually run buses and you just get on the next available bus. I liked that I didn't have to worry about scheduling an exact time for the shuttle.

We've used GoPort twice, once where we took the shuttle from the hotel booked through them (when we flew down), and the other time when we took the shuttle from the parking facility they use near the port (when we drove down). It's a great service either way and we would definitely use them again.

5 hours ago, helenb said:

What's the best way to get from MCO to the port? Is an Uber possible? Or should we look into a rental car? Any other services of which I am unaware? How are other people getting to/from their Seaside cruises?

Uber will one of the most expensive…….

Also check into the following shuttles:

*Cortrans Shuttle 

*Cocoa Beach Shuttle 

*Cruise Control Transportation 

*GoPort

I guess it depends on how many people you have in your party and how many luggage you have. We're taking Seaside in June and have 2 adults and 2 teenagers with 1 carry on luggage + 1 backpack for each person. It looks like uber/lyft is way cheaper than shuttle if we can fit everything in one car. If we only have 2 people we may go with shuttle bus.

Thank you everyone, for those suggestions.

I looked up the Uber website and it said that we might find a ride for as little as $60 one way (depending upon what type of Uber it is... XL and Black cost twice that). Is that a deceptively low number?

I'll definitely check out those shuttles!

12 minutes ago, helenb said:

Thank you everyone, for those suggestions.

I looked up the Uber website and it said that we might find a ride for as little as $60 one way (depending upon what type of Uber it is... XL and Black cost twice that). Is that a deceptively low number?

I'll definitely check out those shuttles!

UberX ranges from $62 - $68 in the mornings on cruise days. If more, just wait a few mins for surge to end.

UberXL ranges from $82 to $88 on cruise mornings. An excellent choice for 3 or more pax

GoPort is getting too expensive IMO. $30 pp for a large bus? It is almost the same as the cruise line buses. In fact I think MSC bus is only $27 pp for a direct ride instead of circling the port to drop people.

if you want cheaper for only 2 pax then Airport Canaveral shared shuttle is only $20 pp

Edited by SteerageJoe
  • Thanks 1