Celebrity Millennium Cruise to Alaska Room #6111 & General Question

Mookie_1

Hi - has anyone ever stayed in room #6111?  We upgraded to a veranda recently.  We were just told by friends that the 6th floor is not a good floor to be on as your veranda views are obstructed by life boats.  We called celebrity back and they assured us that our view would not be obstructed.  Is that true?  

Also, would it be better to have room on the left side of the boat where you can see lifeboats or a room on the right side but on the 7th floor?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

If you look at pictures of Millennium Class ships, you'll see the lifeboats are somewhat tucked under the deck 6 balconies. So, while you might looking out across the top of them, the only real obstruction would be looking down.  6111 is near that hump so as you can see, there's really no obstruction.  

All that said, I would still go up a deck if that's an option.  

Celebrity Millennium at Yokohama - Yokohama, Kanagawa - Japan Travel

• Like 1

It's a southbound cruise and lots of folks have encouraged us to stay on the left side of the boat.  Unfortunately there are no other veranda rooms available on the left side on deck 7.

Thanks for your help!

1 minute ago, Mookie_1 said:

It's a southbound cruise and lots of folks have encouraged us to stay on the left side of the boat.  Unfortunately there are no other veranda rooms available on the left side on deck 7.

Thanks for your help!

I do agree with that advice.  For a SB cruise, I think port side is better.  Just stick with 6111.  That's really not a bad room at all.  

Here's a video of the same room on a sister ship.  Should be very similar.  I wouldn't consider it an obstructed view.  The lifeboats are below the balcony and you'll be looking out over them.  I don't think it's much different on the floors above in that you cannot look straight down into the water from many rooms along the side of the ship.  6th floor is where a lot of the Retreat suites are and many of the Sky Suites have the same view.