Is there a way I can see the shore excursion choices online for Jewel of the Seas? Any ballroom dancing? Thanks

gam888

We are considering the Jewell of the Seas for July to the British Isles. Some of the ports we are not familiar with. We have never been to Holyhead, Avonmouth, Bristol, Dover, and Liverpool. I looked everywhere on the internet to see if I could search up the shore excursions but nothing worked. The link that you can type in the ship and sail date for the shore excursions to show up does not work. We don't have a booking number so there is no way I can see them. I even called Royal Caribbean but they couldn't help either. Does anyone know if there is a way I can see what excursions are offered in each port with Royal Caribbean? We enjoy a bit of ballroom dancing and we would like to know if there is a pre-recorded ballroom hour in one of the lounges? Or if the bands play a variety of music that would offer some ballroom dancing opportunity? Some ships do and some ships might tend to play more high energy pop music only. What is the age demographic of the ship? Any info on the ship is welcome. If anyone has the daily activity schedules they can pose there, it would be really appreciated. Thank you in advance.

No idea on most of your questions, but I know I took a ferry from Dublin to Holyhead on my way to Liverpool once...but I looked at a map and saw the "Anglesey Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty" on there and was HIGHLY amused 🙂

58 minutes ago, gam888 said:

Does anyone know if there is a way I can see what excursions are offered in each port with Royal Caribbean?

@Ourusualbeach may be able to confirm if the planner items, including excursions, are available to TAs. If so, you'd have to contact one who would be willing to pass the info to you.

You may also see if someone in the Roll Call thread for that sailing may provide that info.

1 hour ago, gam888 said:

We are considering the Jewell of the Seas for July to the British Isles. Some of the ports we are not familiar with. We have never been to Holyhead, Avonmouth, Bristol, Dover, and Liverpool. I looked everywhere on the internet to see if I could search up the shore excursions but nothing worked. The link that you can type in the ship and sail date for the shore excursions to show up does not work. We don't have a booking number so there is no way I can see them. I even called Royal Caribbean but they couldn't help either. Does anyone know if there is a way I can see what excursions are offered in each port with Royal Caribbean? We enjoy a bit of ballroom dancing and we would like to know if there is a pre-recorded ballroom hour in one of the lounges? Or if the bands play a variety of music that would offer some ballroom dancing opportunity? Some ships do and some ships might tend to play more high energy pop music only. What is the age demographic of the ship? Any info on the ship is welcome. If anyone has the daily activity schedules they can pose there, it would be really appreciated. Thank you in advance.

19 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

@Ourusualbeach may be able to confirm if the planner items, including excursions, are available to TAs. If so, you'd have to contact one who would be willing to pass the info to you.

You may also see if someone in the Roll Call thread for that sailing may provide that info.

Yes TA's have access to view all excursions and other cruise planner items for most ships.  They cannot purchase these for the guest but can view only. 

as for ballroom dancing - no place to do traditional smooth but you should be able to get some ECS, WCS, perhaps a Rumba.  Hopefully you like Latin Dancing also as you will find opportunities to do some bachata, salsa and perhaps a merengue or two.  

Thank you everyone for replying my post. Has anyone ever done an excursion from the port of Avonmouth, Bristol before? The link read2learn sent me regarding the shore excursions really did help a lot, thank you. The only port missing on that list is Avonmouth on the itinerary we are considering for July . We also enjoy Lain dancing and club dancing like ECS, WCS, bachata, and night club 2 step. We do find certain ships play more of a mixed genres of music, while other ships stick with mostly rock and roll and old hits and not much else. We are comparing this ship with the Regal Princess's British Isle itinerary, and we have found the age demographic of Princess is more similar to our age group. So wonder if there are a lot of younger families on Jewel in July since it's a school holiday. Any other info on the ship is welcome. Thank you in advance.