Brilliance Stateroom 9256

2 hours ago, Barbara60 said:

Opinions on this balcony cabin please? If it is raining is the overhang big enough so we can still sit outside? Should I pack a blanket or will my room steward have one for sitting on deck?

Thanks!

About half of the width is 3/4 covered. Extra blankets under bed. 

4 hours ago, Barbara60 said:

Opinions on this balcony cabin please? If it is raining is the overhang big enough so we can still sit outside? Should I pack a blanket or will my room steward have one for sitting on deck?

Thanks!

You will get wet if there is any rain. The wind swirls around too much and it is only about one third or so covered. The balcony is large enough but the glass and railing angle up from the edge so it is not nearly as large as the diagrams show. 

It is a long walk from this cabin to the elevators/stairs.

It gets really hot if you are getting sunshine. A lot of metal to act as a heatsink.

I had this cabin once but will pass on it from now on.

1 hour ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

You will get wet if there is any rain. The wind swirls around too much and it is only about one third or so covered. The balcony is large enough but the glass and railing angle up from the edge so it is not nearly as large as the diagrams show. 

It is a long walk from this cabin to the elevators/stairs.

It gets really hot if you are getting sunshine. A lot of metal to act as a heatsink.

I had this cabin once but will pass on it from now on.

Agree, no overhang/protection compared to any other Cabins in Middle Aft from Sun/rain. Spent 250+ nites in this Cabin on Brilliance, Serenade and Jewel with another 70 in next 18months. I love Cabin myself, Quiet, nobody walks past Cabin as its in Corner off the Halls and I'm a Sun Worshiper. If in Carib when Sun shines on it have keep curtains shut as Air Conditioner cant keep up... Edit: Must been partial issue with seal but one Cruise raining so hard against my Balcony door my Carpet got wet from Door to edge on my Bed. Had a Blower drying it for 3 days, but FCC received was equivalent of 6+ days worth. We were in Port and was hardest rain I ever experienced on a Cruise

Edited by ONECRUISER

Love, love, love this cabin! Super quiet, since you're at the end of the hall in a corner and nobody walks by. No neighbouring cabin on your port side. The layout of this large balcony is just a little funky (longer than wider) as you can see on the specs and the excellent video. Still enough space for chairs and loungers. Great aft views enhanced by some port side views if you can squeeze into that narrow corner for a look-see. Sufficient shade, and that's a priority for me.

Sure, there are some extra steps to get around, but we never found that to be an inconvenience. Another plus ... as I recall, there's an aft staircase (elevator?) not far away. It goes right up to the Windjammer so you can grab snacks to enjoy on your balcony. 

If quiet, privacy, and fabulous aft views are important to you, this cabin choice is a no-brainer!