Status match, Internet, gratuities and Towels

rsail203

1, I've just booked my first MSC cruise and I have several questions to begin with. I'm Elite+ on Celebrity and Diamond+ on Royal Caribbean. What status would either of those give me on MSC?

2. I've read that you're not allowed to switch devices if you've booked a one device wifi plan. Is that true? If so how much would it cost to add a second device on board, for a seven day cruise, at whatever my status would be?

3. How much are the daily gratuities?

4. I've read that you're only allowed one pool towel and have to bring it back to your room to be replaced. Does that mean that there is no way to get a second towel when at the pool or in your room?

Thank you in advance for any info you can give this newbie.

Rich

1.  It depends since there is no published match schedule but most likely Diamond

2.  Correct, once you pair a device that's it.  Your status doesn't have any difference in how much it might cost but will depend on whether you want "browse" or "browse & stream".  Figure about $100 (but if you log into your reservation you can see)

3.  $14.50 per night, per person, but that can always change

4.  Huh?  There are 2 in your room, you can get more.  Just don't be one of those "expletive redacted" guests who leave them in Cozumel, Costa Maya, etc because they don't want to drag a wet sandy towel back to the ship.  

5 hours ago, rsail203 said:

1, I've just booked my first MSC cruise and I have several questions to begin with. I'm Elite+ on Celebrity and Diamond+ on Royal Caribbean. What status would either of those give me on MSC?

Either should get you Gold, neither will get you Diamond.

On 4/29/2023 at 2:03 PM, Mark_T said:

Either should get you Gold, neither will get you Diamond.

Originally, I got a Black Card (Now called Diamond) 5 years ago. Another family member applied 2 years ago, they were also plus on Celebrity and Royal, they were given Gold. I guess they no longer

award Diamond anymore, but not sure 100%.

1 hour ago, IsanTom said:

Originally, I got a Black Card (Now called Diamond) 5 years ago. Another family member applied 2 years ago, they were also plus on Celebrity and Royal, they were given Gold. I guess they no longer

award Diamond anymore, but not sure 100%.

You are lucky if you kept your diamond.  I was 'black card' on my first cruise, then got 'demoted' to gold.  😂 Still a nice perk that they status match though.  

On 4/29/2023 at 8:26 AM, rsail203 said:

I've read that you're only allowed one pool towel and have to bring it back to your room to be replaced. Does that mean that there is no way to get a second towel when at the pool or in your room?

You can also exchange your wet towel for a clean one at the pool.

1 hour ago, APDMOM said:

You are lucky if you kept your diamond.  I was 'black card' on my first cruise, then got 'demoted' to gold.  😂 Still a nice perk that they status match though.  

I'm still Diamond, but I cruise MSC at least once cruise per year, so I've probably earned enough points

especially when you stay in YC earning lots of points.

On 4/29/2023 at 7:26 AM, rsail203 said:

I've read that you're not allowed to switch devices if you've booked a one device wifi plan. Is that true?

While this is true, last I was one MSC (Sept 2021) you could hotspot using your phone to share the wifi. Not all phones are capable of sharing their Wifi connection (some only do cell data), but if you have one that is this can save you some change.