from st george to crystal caves and back

brnsofia

If we take ferry from dockyard ship area to st george what is the cheapest or easiest way to get to the crystal caves? anyone know the taxi cost? (not a big fan of buses) 

the only tour I can find does hamilton first then 2 hr beach trip then to caves. why would I want to swim then go to caves? makes no sense so if we try to do this on our own can we.

MIND you we are FAR country folks and do NOT ride buses or even have taxis here so that is all daunting

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/30/2023 at 1:12 PM, outbackpaul said:

I just took the taxi from St. George to the caves last week and it was about $20 one way.

where did you pick up the taxi? will there be any at the ferry?

31 minutes ago, brnsofia said:

where did you pick up the taxi? will there be any at the ferry?

Yes, typically there is a bunch of taxis waiting in St Georges where you get off the ferry during the day. Any restaurant you are at will be happy to call a taxi for you as well. You can nearly always find taxis lined up at most major hotels so that can be a good trick depending on where you are. 

There is also an app called Hitch which can be used, a lot like their local version of the Uber app, to arrange for a taxi to come and get you wherever you are. 

• 4 weeks later...

So the Crystal Caves are just visiting cave? No Cenote to go swimming in? (They're beautiful if you haven;t been to a cave. Not knocking it! I just live in the Cave State of Missouri home to over 7,000 caves) 

Edited by arpie05

1 hour ago, arpie05 said:

So the Crystal Caves are just visiting cave? No Cenote to go swimming in? (They're beautiful if you haven;t been to a cave. Not knocking it! I just live in the Cave State of Missouri home to over 7,000 caves) 

You can't swim in the Crystal Caves and the caves are nothing compared to caves I have visited in Kentucky and other areas of the US. Some in the US have elevators. Both caves at Crystal caves are 88 steps down and back up. Crystal Cave is an interesting small cave. To me it was a Bermuda bucket list visit and I didn't know until I visited what it was going to be. I think visitors from areas of the US that do not have caves woiuld have a positive experience.