Seattle: Need info on where to stay (areas) within a few miles of Pier 91.

We will be arriving at SeaTac about 6:30 pm two nights before our ship departs from Pier 91. While I would like there to be some restaurants nearby, I really don’t think we’ll be doing too much that night. Hoping someone can share a bit of light on a few areas of town that might be good to stay in between the airport and pier 91. Have thought of staying in a hotel near the airport and still might do that. However, it would be nice to find a clean hotel or motel in a safe area that wouldn’t cost an arm and a leg. 

After having visited some Canadian national parks for about a week prior to the cruise, I think all my husband & I plan to do is eat & relax a bit that night. We’ve been to Seattle before although it wad about 15 years ago. Our daughter’s  family will be arriving sometime the next day, but do not even have flights booked yet, so I have no idea about their time of arrival. Once they are there, there will be three grandchildren to “liven things up” for the week ( if you get my drift, lol!). I may even wind up mostly doing laundry that day!

Hoping someone has some good suggestions on areas to stay in with  hotels or motels, and opinions on whether we should just stick to the airport area until the day of the cruise or find somewhere closer to the port, so that we won’t waste too much time getting there on boarding day.

Thanks for any helpful, replies or information..

I am arriving Wed night for a Sat departure. We are staying at Homewood Suites on Western Ave which is near Seattle Center and within a few miles of Pier 91. We have stayed here in the past. If you feel like it, its a short walk or Uber to Seattle Center where you could visit the Space Needle or some other attractions (I recommend MoPop and Chihuly Musuem). Queen Anne's Beer Hall is adjacent to the hotel, its not a fancy place by any means but I recall the food was decent.

you don't really gain anything by staying 'closer to pier 91'.  If your not sightseeing then the airport can work.  Hotels near the space needle are maybe 1 mile closer to P. 91 but not worth prioritizing over downtown.  Hotels would include Mediterranean, Maxwell Hotel, and a few others including Fairfield.

Nothing will be cheap.  Plan on $250-450.  Airport hotels lack amenties and dining for the most part.  Shuttles can be arranged thru

seattleexpress.com

as an option look for hotels around Southcenter Mall, Tukwila for more choices in dining and shopping.

• Like 1

Dan G, after looking at the Seattle guidebook, I think you are right and that it’s not going to benefit us a lot too stay in somewhere other than the airport. Thankfully, we have seen a lot of the major sites in the Seattle area and also have been to Whidbey Island.
If our dd’s family happens to get in late the next day, the only thing we really be interested in doing is maybe visiting pikes place or riding on some type of the ferry for a while. Probably won’t do that though. I’ve done it before. Don’t want to shell out for the cab fare. Any other form of transportation won’t work for us because my husband will need to bring, a folding mobility scooter. Only weighs 50 pounds and is about the size of a suitcase but not a good idea for rail transportation. Can easily fit it in a cab trunk. 
seems like a lovely place, we just need some thing basic. Believe me I have been trying to nudge my dd! 
Ferry_Watcher, Cedarbrook Lodge looks very nice. I’ve seen it mentioned another posts. However, we just really need a clean and safe place to spend a couple of nights this time around. Believe me, I have tried, and I’m still trying, to get my dd to get their flights booked!  She and her family are all very busy and they’re excellent at putting things off. It usually ends up costing them a lot more to do whatever as a result. Oh well, it’s their $!

Thanks to all of you for taking the time to reply. I think I found a place with a good tripadvisor plus discount and an airport shuttle. Thought I would check with my daughter before booking it and she is supposed to call me later. If not, I’ll just book it for my husband and I. Only thing I don’t like is  it’s nonrefundable. ☹️

Edited by mlbcruiser
  • Like 1