Good restraunts in Alaska!

linbobky

Going on a 16 day alaska and hawaii cruise in aug. is there any good restraunts close to the ports in alaska. it doesn,t matter what port. just want some good seafood. we are going to the basic ports. thanks for the come backs. first time in 35 cruises that we are going to alaska and hawaii.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, linbobky said:

Going on a 16 day alaska and hawaii cruise in aug. is there any good restraunts close to the ports in alaska. it doesn,t matter what port. just want some good seafood. we are going to the basic ports. thanks for the come backs. first time in 35 cruises that we are going to alaska and hawaii.

Juneau has great seafood. a few places to choose from, right in the port area, by the Roberts Tram area.

king crab is super expensive.  In Juneau ( i thinks it's there), there is an old bar close to the port ( Red Dog Saloon?)  Sawdust on the floors, memorabilia on the walls, waitresses dressed like GoldRush servers ( Im being nice in the description of the servers).  Not the best food, but a true experience.  Do an online search for the best restaurants in whatever port you are interested in.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, linbobky said:

Check the Alaska forum, lots of good info available.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/33-alaska/

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, 9tee2Sea said:

king crab is super expensive.  In Juneau ( i thinks it's there), there is an old bar close to the port ( Red Dog Saloon?)  Sawdust on the floors, memorabilia on the walls, waitresses dressed like GoldRush servers ( Im being nice in the description of the servers).  Not the best food, but a true experience.  Do an online search for the best restaurants in whatever port you are interested in.

Husband went to the Red Dog Saloon quite a few times during his stint in the Coast Guard. He's excited to introduce me to it in a couple of weeks. 🙂

• Like 1

Deckhand Dave's in Juneau is great! (the Hangar is also good)  the Red Dog if there are other ships docked in port before you get off yours all I'll say is good luck getting in. As for the King crab you can get the same king crab at one of your 4 Costco's as you'll get in Alaska and it will be WAY cheaper.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, spotfish said:

Deckhand Dave's in Juneau is great! (the Hangar is also good)  the Red Dog if there are other ships docked in port before you get off yours all I'll say is good luck getting in. As for the King crab you can get the same king crab at one of your 4 Costco's as you'll get in Alaska and it will be WAY cheaper.

Thank you very much!  I will look in to these. I know the crab will not be cheap, but the 16 day cruise isn't either. But you only live once. Thanks again.

2 hours ago, Maleficent's Dad said:

We had a great time at Tracy’s Crabs in Juneau.  Yes it’s pricey, but king crab and Alaskan Amber really set us up for a great time.  It’s also right at the pier depending on where you dock.

Totally agree with you.

• Like 1

We went to the Island Pub on Douglas Island, Juneau. We had rented a car so no big tourist crowds from the ship as it wasn't offered as an excursion or walkable. The food was fantastic and the service friendly.