P&O Fjords Cruise and Electric Wheelchair

I’m looking at booking a cruise with P&O to visit the fjords.

I have limited mobility as I can’t walk or stand for very long and normally I use a mobility scooter but I will be renting a power wheelchair as I don’t need an accessible cabin.

My question is how easy I am going to find visiting the various port stops?

Are there accessible excursions or if I just wanted to explore the various places how easy would I find getting around.

Stavanger has long been on my list of places to visit but I know it’s very hilly so would I be able to get around in a power wheelchair?

Any thoughts very much appreciated

Thanks

Whether you need an accessible cabin, I believe P&O requires anyone bringing a mobility device to have a HC cabin.  Even if you think it will fit through the cabin door of a regular balcony, you must have a HC cabin.  Check on your cruise line website and ask on the P&O-UK forum here.  
   I did not find steep hills in Stavanger.  I found it quite walkable, though I remember cobblestones.  EM

Edited by Essiesmom

Hi, welcome to CC (Cruise Critics)

You will be fine in Stavanger. There are cobblestones but we did not find them an issue with our wheelchair.

You will have to contact P&O to see if they offer wheelchair/scooter friendly excursions or arrange private excursions.

If you post the itinerary, you are looking at, CC members may be able to help you decide how wheelchair/scooter friendly each port will be.

We did the P&O Norway cruise in an ordinary cabin with a rented electric wheelchair (the type that folds in to half the width).

We even went on the rail trip at Flåm where they stowed the chair and my wife sat in a window seat. (Well worth the trouble but gets booked up v quickly).

Yes, we have taken my electric wheelchair in a non-accessible cabin on P+O, it is scooters that have to be in accessible canins.

Old Stavanger is pretty hilly and has some cobbles but there is a flat path around the bay to the oil museum.