Silhouette - angled balconies 6240 vs. 6242

LadyBerard

We had 6240 on our B2B in March.  Loved it.  Yes, it was larger and I believe even larger than when we had 6242. We had 6238 once and we felt we were like way back in a tunnel.  All are angled balconies.  We like the bed near the balcony to recline and relax while watching out.

1 hour ago, the penguins said:

Sorry I misread your post: both are angled. 6240 should have bed by the balcony

Correct, Geoff!

6242 has bed by bath. We've been in 6240, which was our only time with bed by veranda - that placement isn't our cup of tea. We chose 6241 for our last cruise for bed by bath; however, it was next to a machinery cabinet and noisy, which I didn't recall from its starboard counterpart. We didn't experience any smoke drift when in 6241 even though the smoking area is close below on Deck 5.

2 hours ago, scidee said:

We had 6240 on our B2B in March.  Loved it.  Yes, it was larger and I believe even larger than when we had 6242. We had 6238 once and we felt we were like way back in a tunnel.  All are angled balconies.  We like the bed near the balcony to recline and relax while watching out.

That's what I thought.  I went ahead and switched our cabin to 6240.

52 minutes ago, TMLAalum said:

Correct, Geoff!

6242 has bed by bath. We've been in 6240, which was our only time with bed by veranda - that placement isn't our cup of tea. We chose 6241 for our last cruise for bed by bath; however, it was next to a machinery cabinet and noisy, which I didn't recall from its starboard counterpart. We didn't experience any smoke drift when in 6241 even though the smoking area is close below on Deck 5.

Bed by the veranda is our first choice as the extra space when entering the cabin is great especially as the boss (Anita) uses a 4 wheeled walker. Once folded the walker fits neatly between the end of the sofa and the wardrobe. We create extra space by moving the oval table so it fits with the long edge against the wall with half of it under the dressing table top. The chair still fits so you can sit to use the mirror and you can use half the table for storage - a win win for us. 

I have booked 6236 ( first off the hump) for  30/09/23

I know it’s supposed to be one of the larger balconies, but it doesn’t have any squares or  triangles on the deck plans. Does anyone have any comment about the position of the bed?

IMG_1321.thumb.png.45beacdb359f342c9edcba8336c99489.png

4 hours ago, upwarduk said:

I have booked 6236 ( first off the hump) for  30/09/23

I know it’s supposed to be one of the larger balconies, but it doesn’t have any squares or  triangles on the deck plans. Does anyone have any comment about the position of the bed?

IMG_1321.thumb.png.45beacdb359f342c9edcba8336c99489.png

Bed by the balcony

• Like 1

1 hour ago, the penguins said:

Bed by the balcony

Many thanks. 
I was very lucky to get an angled balcony(only one on the ship when we booked just 5 weeks ago).

I know 1st &3rd off the hump are larger balconies, so the position of the bed was a minor consideration, but by the balcony is my favourite.

9 hours ago, upwarduk said:

Many thanks. 
I was very lucky to get an angled balcony(only one on the ship when we booked just 5 weeks ago).

I know 1st &3rd off the hump are larger balconies, so the position of the bed was a minor consideration, but by the balcony is my favourite.

Enjoy but just remember to tell everyone just how "bad" the slanted balconies are. Thank you 😂😂😀

• Like 1