Drink package thoughts

Bently57

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, STNGR said:

You are correct, it boils down to math. Here's my math (not a big drinker):

1. Regular included coffee is fine, no need for fru fru mocha choca whatever = 0.00

2. One beer/piña colada during the day = $12

3. One cocktail before dinner: $17

4. One glass of wine with dinner: $12

5. One after dinner drink: $17

Sub-total:                  $58

Plus 20% gratuity:    $12

Total:                         $70

Celebrity package:            $80

Plus mandatory gratuity: $15

Math: $80-$70= $10 cheaper than package

More importantly, principle: $12-$15 = $3 day Celebrity pockets for itself and doesn't give to it's underpaid employees  (employees gets tips depending on listed price of drink every time they swipe your card when you get a drink, not based on overall gratuities Celebrity charges their guests).

Principle.

In total you pay $1600 for a pkg for 2.  Is that the price quoted onsite?  I can't find the US cost as it defaults to the Canadian site (I paid $1990 for 2 - price today is $2200 Cdn). 

Edited by Oceangoer2

16 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

In total you pay $1600 for a pkg for 2.  Is that the price quoted onsite?  I can't find the US cost as it defaults to the Canadian site (I paid $1990 for 2 - price today is $2200 Cdn). 

Here's our quote for 11 night drink package

Screenshot_20240326-164539.png

58 minutes ago, STNGR said:

Here's our quote for 11 night drink package

Screenshot_20240326-164539.png

Thanks........How many beverages did that amount represent?  I'm assuming you paid a la carte?  I'd like to know what the online website price is in US $ if someone has that it would be appreciated.

1. Regular included coffee is fine, no need for fru fru mocha choca whatever = 0.00

Sorry, didn't keep menu with prices.

On 3/27/2024 at 6:08 PM, STNGR said:

You are correct, it boils down to math. Here's my math (not a big drinker):

Sub-total:                  $58

Plus 20% gratuity:    $12

Total:                         $70

Celebrity package:            $80

Plus mandatory gratuity: $15

Math: $80-$70= $10 cheaper than package

More importantly, principle: $12-$15 = $3 day Celebrity pockets for itself and doesn't give to it's underpaid employees  (employees gets tips depending on listed price of drink every time they swipe your card when you get a drink, not based on overall gratuities Celebrity charges their guests).

Principle.

Your tipping principle is incorrect - there is no upper limit drink more and the staff get more.

Posted (edited)

We have a 13-night cruise coming up in May and the drink package is current going for $79.99 per night, total $1039.87 and 20% gratuities would be $207.98  Total price, per person $1247.85.  Since we have been only booking Retreat for the last five or six years, I did not realize how much these packages were.  Last time we were not in a suite, was back in the "Big, Better, Best" days of choosing which amenities you wanted and I would get the regular beverage package and OBC and use the OBC to pay the $10.00 a day to upgrade my package to premium.  

Edited by DaKahuna

14 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

We have a 13-night cruise coming up in May and the drink package is current going for $79.99 per night, total $1039.87 and 20% gratuities would be $207.98  Total price, per person $1247.85.  Since we have been only booking Retreat for the last five or six years, I did not realize how much these packages were.  Last time we were not in a suite, was back in the "Big, Better, Best" days of choosing which amenities you wanted and I would get the regular beverage package and OBC and use the OBC to pay the $10.00 a day to upgrade my package to premium.  

' Total price, per person $1247.85.' That is the price of a 7 day cruise! That is a lot in my opinion. The package was much better when it was AI and included tips. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

That seems very high - are you sure that's not the Classic Drinks with the Basic WiFi including the tips? 

Just now, DaKahuna said:

We have a 13-night cruise coming up in May and the drink package is current going for $79.99 per night, total $1039.87 and 20% gratuities would be $207.98  Total price, per person $1247.85. 

If I were not in a Sky Suite, I would not be paying that. 

Thank you.  Good information.  I wanted to know the current US bev. pkg. price to compare with what we pay in Canadian $$s for the pkg ($2200 approx for 2).  So for 2 your charge would be $2495.70 for 13 nights. Using your numbers our charge when converted would be $2271.72 for 10 nights.  Right in the ballpark.  Do you think you will spend anywhere near $2500 for a bar tab?  I'm bringing US $$s to cover our expenses and want to ensure we'll have enough US cash on hand.  We're moderate drinkers and expect our expense to be moderate as well...LOL.

1 minute ago, the penguins said:

That seems very high - are you sure that's not the Classic Drinks with the Basic WiFi including the tips? 

Yes, I am very sure.

image.thumb.png.60a1a2c3a87faa9c2a515c286cf21723.png

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Yes, I am very sure.

I see...that is the premium price.  Would you mind if you have time, letting me know the Classic Pkg. price in US $$s?

Edited by Oceangoer2

Just now, DaKahuna said:

Yes, I am very sure.

You didn't say it was for the Premium Package. Current price for Classic is $66 Inc the tips. Might be cheaper to book that and pay the extra for the odd drink that went over the limit.

4 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

I see...that is the premium price.  Would you mind if you have time, letting me know the Classic Pkg. price in US $$s?

It's $67.99 for the Classic 

image.thumb.png.16c8cdb6f1f83e22a7705a070dbfc1d7.png

2 minutes ago, the penguins said:

You didn't say it was for the Premium Package. Current price for Classic is $66 Inc the tips. Might be cheaper to book that and pay the extra for the odd drink that went over the limit.

We are in a Sky Suite so the Premium package is included in our cruise fare.  I was simply responding to an earlier post about how much it was for their cruise.  

Just now, the penguins said:

Thanks for letting me know the Classic cost....I'll work forward with that.    At $66 US it's $1874.40.  Our Cdn. price is $92 incl. grats. = $2200 approx.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

It's $67.99 for the Classic 

image.thumb.png.16c8cdb6f1f83e22a7705a070dbfc1d7.png

ok thanks....at $67.99 US it works out to $1930.92 for 10 nights Canadian $$s.  I'm assuming our bev. tab will be around $1500.  Don't really care if it's up or down but as long as it isn't $2200 which IMO is outrageous and would have to be under the table 5 nights out of 10 to justify....🤪.  I should look today for our price...maybe it's down from there.

Edited by Oceangoer2

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Thanks for letting me know the Classic cost....I'll work forward with that.    At $66 US it's $1874.40.  Our Cdn. price is $92 incl. grats. = $2200 approx.

For a 12 night cruise the cost for 2 classic packages at 50% is $1600.08 CAD

which is a heck of a lot drinks 

Edited by Ex-Airbalancer

1 minute ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

For a 12 night cruise the cost for 2 classic packages at 50% is $1600.08 CAD

Where did you find 50%?

1 minute ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

For a 12 cruise the cost for 2 classic packages at 50% is $1600.08 CAD

REgardless, USD or CD, that is the price of a 7 day cruise for one person. Some people don't drink and others may never drink that total amount. 

Like they say, different strokes for different folks. LOL

JMHO!

4 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

I should look today for our price...maybe it's down from there.

Just keep in mind that is what our 13-night cruise is showing right now.  Different cruises may have different prices/discounts.