Restaurants open when you board the ship

curlstravel

4 hours ago, curlstravel said:

Which restaurants will be open at two in the afternoon when you board the ship?

Just go to the Dock on the very back of Deck 7. Start with the Tapas and a nice cocktail to get the cruise started. The Sun Club noted above may or may not be open when you board. We've had it open once and close the second time.

• Like 3

My suggestion for The Galley is to make it easier to know of the "Daily Specials" at the various food outlets without having to walk around and look at each one.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/7/2023 at 8:31 AM, leisuretraveler223 said:

The Galley will definitely be open. That way you can start being disappointed with the food offerings on board right away.

Ouch!  for reference, can you share which cruise line has food that you prefer? Food is quite subjective and that was quite scathing! 

We liked much of the food on VV, but one disappointment was that there was no real "sit down" lunch on embarkation day. THis is at least in part because boarding starts so much later than on other lines.   On other days, you have 2 restaurants open for brunch until 1.  The Galley is more than OK, and our most recent cruise was a definite improvement there over our earlier cruises.  Frankly, I found a panini and salad to be a great embarkation day lunch there.  But I'm not the one who wrote the scathing review above.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, nimbex1970 said:

Ouch!  for reference, can you share which cruise line has food that you prefer? Food is quite subjective and that was quite scathing! 

Lol leisuretraveler had a terrible vacation, if you follow all their comments. While there are certainly some hits and misses onboard food-wise, my guess is nothing would satisfy said traveler.

• Haha 1