Trouble Linking Reservation to Princess Account

ChbyMnky

Scenario: I have booked my first Princess cruise with a travel agent and am having trouble linking it to my online account that was created before the reservation was made.

Potential Issues: 1) This account had a Captains Circle number assigned, and my reservation also has a difference Captain's Circle number generated when the book in was made (as far as I can tell).  2) Additionally, I set up the account with my "friendly" name rather than my official, passport name (Mike vs. Michael). 

Am I correct in assuming that one or both of the above may be the cause of me not being able to link?  I did call Princess and they suggested making a new account, but really never told me how this new account would work any better than my existing one.  When I do try to create a new one, the system it tells me that an account already exist on that email address (of course it does!). Also, I don't want to make the same mistakes with my new account (if I can ever get one set up). 

Does anyone have any insight into how I need to be set up to get my reservations to link?  I will very likely need to call Princess back, but I want to be as prepared as possible so I don't have to try multiple calls to get things fixed.

Thank you!!

I'm sure more experienced folks will chime in soon, but the first thing that jumps out at me is did your TA put your Captain's Circle number on your booking? Maybe you should start with your TA. It's been a long time since I used a TA. Never found a good one, but my PVP is awesome. Good luck.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChbyMnky said:

Scenario: I have booked my first Princess cruise with a travel agent and am having trouble linking it to my online account that was created before the reservation was made.

Potential Issues: 1) This account had a Captains Circle number assigned, and my reservation also has a difference Captain's Circle number generated when the book in was made (as far as I can tell).  2) Additionally, I set up the account with my "friendly" name rather than my official, passport name (Mike vs. Michael). 

Am I correct in assuming that one or both of the above may be the cause of me not being able to link?  I did call Princess and they suggested making a new account, but really never told me how this new account would work any better than my existing one.  When I do try to create a new one, the system it tells me that an account already exist on that email address (of course it does!). Also, I don't want to make the same mistakes with my new account (if I can ever get one set up). 

Does anyone have any insight into how I need to be set up to get my reservations to link?  I will very likely need to call Princess back, but I want to be as prepared as possible so I don't have to try multiple calls to get things fixed.

Thank you!!

That’s exactly why the App will not sync. You should not set up another account or try to link.

Did your TA use your correct legal name?  They have to book it to match your passport.  Call the TA first.  They need to make sure your booking is correct.  They may also help you to combine your Princess accounts with a more experienced agent at PCL.

(Take a look at your TA confirmation for the spelling of your name)

Your account, cruise booking and airline tickets have to match your government ID.  

Once these are corrected, an experienced PCL agent should be able to combine your accounts.  Close the incorrect ones, etc.  If you’re new on PCL, then you won’t have any past cruises to worry about.

If you have to do it in a hurry, then you call TA today or PCL.

• Like 1

Guest ldtr

There is a problem where the medallion system links to the bookings, but where some element of data is different than what is in the web based Princess system preventing the web based version from accessing the booking. This problem also shows up in the App with the color of Princess logo in your profile incorrect, not matching your correct Captains Circle status.

Yes, my reservations are all accurate to my govt. ID, but when I created my Princess login, I used the name I used on a daily basis as I assumed the CC number would be the thing I need to link them (I thought I was getting ahead of the game, but that may have been my first issue).  I did also have my TA attach the correct CC to my reservation, but for some reason, it did not seem to stick.  It sounds like if I should be able to work through this over the phone with PCL - I'll just put an hour or two aside 🙂  Thank you for the assistance!  At least my reservations are all correct- this should just be a Princess account issue I need to work through.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ChbyMnky said:

Yes, my reservations are all accurate to my govt. ID, but when I created my Princess login, I used the name I used on a daily basis as I assumed the CC number would be the thing I need to link them (I thought I was getting ahead of the game, but that may have been my first issue).  I did also have my TA attach the correct CC to my reservation, but for some reason, it did not seem to stick.  It sounds like if I should be able to work through this over the phone with PCL - I'll just put an hour or two aside 🙂  Thank you for the assistance!  At least my reservations are all correct- this should just be a Princess account issue I need to work through.

I am going through the same problem. I used my short first name instead of my full first name when I registered on Princess.  Can you see your booking if you use the 'Access Your Booking Without Registering' screen at the link below (using your full name)? 

https://book.princess.com/cruisepersonalizer/login.page

This is the only way I can access mine until they fix the problem with my account.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MTAK said:

I am going through the same problem. I used my short first name instead of my full first name when I registered on Princess.  Can you see your booking if you use the 'Access Your Booking Without Registering' screen at the link below (using your full name)? 

https://book.princess.com/cruisepersonalizer/login.page

This is the only way I can access mine until they fix the problem with my account.

Yes I can. I've been able to see and make adjustments to my booking, so I'm not completely out in the cold.  I just have to find time to work through the account stuff with them. Too busy! 🙂

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ChbyMnky said:

Yes I can. I've been able to see and make adjustments to my booking, so I'm not completely out in the cold.  I just have to find time to work through the account stuff with them. Too busy! 🙂

So far I've spent a couple hours between a phone call and a chat session w/Princess with no resolution. I found an IT support email in a similar thread and tried that yesterday. Hopefully this works, otherwise I am going to see if they can delete my account so I can start over.

Update: I just got off the phone and got everything sorted.  I was going to just delete my account and start over so I called 1-866-288-5038 (got it off the app when I chose "delete account" from the profile page).  I was connected to a Captain's Circle rep (not general customer service like I had before) who informed me accounts could not be deleted, but she would help me fix it.  There were some things she needed to pass off to the MedallionClass team, but after about 30 mins, everything was working and linked as expected.  I'm not sure if I just got lucky with the rep, but I am certainly happy with the results. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/9/2023 at 4:17 PM, ChbyMnky said:

Update: I just got off the phone and got everything sorted.  I was going to just delete my account and start over so I called 1-866-288-5038 (got it off the app when I chose "delete account" from the profile page).  I was connected to a Captain's Circle rep (not general customer service like I had before) who informed me accounts could not be deleted, but she would help me fix it.  There were some things she needed to pass off to the MedallionClass team, but after about 30 mins, everything was working and linked as expected.  I'm not sure if I just got lucky with the rep, but I am certainly happy with the results. 

Thank you so much for posting this phone number. My issue was resolved in a matter of 15 minutes (including post-call survey) after all my other attempts failed. It was nice to talk to someone knowledgeable who apparently was not located in an offshore call center.

Tip for others who do not book through Princess and then register for a Captains Circle account: make sure your information is exactly as it appears on your booking, and do not use Auto-fill for any of the entries.

4 hours ago, MTAK said:

Thank you so much for posting this phone number. My issue was resolved in a matter of 15 minutes (including post-call survey) after all my other attempts failed. It was nice to talk to someone knowledgeable who apparently was not located in an offshore call center.

Tip for others who do not book through Princess and then register for a Captains Circle account: make sure your information is exactly as it appears on your booking, and do not use Auto-fill for any of the entries.

You are very welcome.  I had a similar experience until I stumbled on that number.  I actually had another issue that was solved is about 10 mins by calling that same line.  It is GOLD!

• Thanks 1