Seattle Terminal 91 question

We are cruising to Alaska from Seattle Royal Caribbean Terminal 91 in June. Our shuttle service from the hotel will get to our port about 1 hour and 15 minutes before our check in time of 11 am.  Is there a place we can wait inside if it is raining.  I don't mind waiting but I don't want to stand in the rain waiting if it is raining.  The next shuttle time would put us after our check in time so I was trying to decide which way to go. I know it is just starting the season for Alaska but hoping after a few people travel or someone that has traveled before knows the answer to this. Thanks for any information.

We have both embarked and disembarked out of Pier 91 three times.  My memory is that there are some limited covered areas right in front of the entrances.  If it was raining there would be very limited space, and the covered areas do not include any side enclosures.  So if it was windy rain would be blowing under the covered top.

There are no close restaurants to go to for coffee or tea while waiting.

A frequent poster on this board works at Pier 91 so hopefully she will chime in with the answer as to when the doors to the terminal actually open.

@Annette0325, & @CruiserBruce,  Our first Royal ship, the Quantum will be at Pier 91 tomorrow Monday May 15,  I will have a better idea after tomorrow how the passenger flow will be set up.

If you are on the Ovation, be aware that Friday's are our busiest day with Celebrity's Solstice (2,800) and the Ovation (4,900) pretty much sailing full.

There are overhangs along the walkway leading to the building.  There is no waiting inside the building before the doors open for embarking passengers.  There is no seating available until after you have been completely checked-in. The goal is to open the terminal as close to 10 AM as possible (this assumes that zero count has been achieved with the disembarking passengers before 10 AM).

Royal and Celebrity both use an amazing and efficient check-in system.  If passengers completely do their online check-in, an agent with a tablet can get them thru in less than 2 minutes.  

Edited by Ferry_Watcher

22 hours ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

@Annette0325, & @CruiserBruce,  Our first Royal ship, the Quantum will be at Pier 91 tomorrow Monday May 15,  I will have a better idea after tomorrow how the passenger flow will be set up.

If you are on the Ovation, be aware that Friday's are our busiest day with Celebrity's Solstice (2,800) and the Ovation (4,900) pretty much sailing full.

There are overhangs along the walkway leading to the building.  There is no waiting inside the building before the doors open for embarking passengers.  There is no seating available until after you have been completely checked-in. The goal is to open the terminal as close to 10 AM as possible (this assumes that zero count has been achieved with the disembarking passengers before 10 AM).

Royal and Celebrity both use an amazing and efficient check-in system.  If passengers completely do their online check-in, an agent with a tablet can get them thru in less than 2 minutes.  

Thank you for the information.   We are leaving on a Monday on the Quantum.  and will probably end up getting there around 9:45am.  I know earlier then the 10am goal of zero count.  And I know our check in time is at 11 am.  But the next shuttle would put us at a later time then check in time frame.  Do you think it will be a problem if we get there earlier?  We can stand outside with no problem waiting if needed.  I just don't want to get anyone upset if we are early.

Edited by Annette0325

On 5/14/2023 at 2:03 PM, Ferry_Watcher said:

If you are on the Ovation, be aware that Friday's are our busiest day with Celebrity's Solstice (2,800) and the Ovation (4,900) pretty much sailing full

@Ferry_Watcher

I will be getting on the Celebrity Solstice in a couple of weeks. Maybe you can answer a couple of questions for me. 

Looking at the map of terminal 91 looks like there is one building and one driveway.

How does that work with luggage drop-off ?

Are there separate check in locations for each ship ?

Probably will be using an Uber from our accomodations.

Getting off the ship how hard is it to get a taxi or Uber ?

Planning on getting off as late as possible. We are not heading to SEA until a few days later.

Appreciate any insight you can give.

32 minutes ago, bavrail18 said:

@Ferry_Watcher

I will be getting on the Celebrity Solstice in a couple of weeks. Maybe you can answer a couple of questions for me. 

Looking at the map of terminal 91 looks like there is one building and one driveway.

Planning on getting off as late as possible. We are not heading to SEA until a few days later.

The driveway is a "U shape" but there are two separate exiting channels.

Most drop off is done immediately in front of the building. Buses drop off in one of the exiting channels...you have to walk a short distance to the front of the building.

Ubers and taxis drop off at the front of the building. However, you have to shuttle (or walk...its not too far) to a staging area to get an Uber. Taxis line up in one of the exiting channels.

Have only been there with one ship, so can't give you any info in that field.

57 minutes ago, bavrail18 said:

There are 3 lanes approaching the driveway at Pier 91 - one dedicated to commercial buses (airport transfers); another lane just for taxis; and the 3rd for all other vehicles. 

Luggage drop off happens along the sides of the U-shaped driveway.  Directly in front of the terminal is the passenger crosswalks approaching the building, and that area is controlled by safety/traffic staff.

There will be separate lines for the Solstice (right side of the terminal as you are looking at the building); and the Ovation OTS occupies the left side of the building.  The ships are right there, so you will know which side to gravitate to.  Plus, lots of pier side staff to help direct and answer questions.

Ship passengers (Solstice/Ovation) are separated before entering the terminal building.

The luggage drop off area along the U shape driveway for each of the ships is well marked.

After you disembark, you will find that the taxis will be lined up on the right side of the driveway.  The Uber pick-up lot is about a 10 minute walk from the front of the terminal.  There is a couple of 14 person shuttles driven by Longshore that can drive you there.  These shuttles are also found on the right side of the U shape driveway.  Look for them in parking slot A & B.  Sometimes it is faster to just walk to the Uber pick up lot.

At the Uber pick up lot, there are 33/34 numbered parking slots.  Your Uber driver should let you know to look for him by  saying, "a red Toyota Sienna between slot 18-33".  

Arriving at Pier 91, some Ubers will drop you off at the Uber lot when you arrive to embark, especially during the busy time of the day.  Later, when it is quiet (like after 1;30), they may drive into the U shape driveway.

Expect the Terminal doors to open 10 AM, or shortly thereafter.  That's the goal..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1