Suggestion: Move the free Behind the Scenes tour from Platinum to Sapphire Tier

fstuff1

2 minutes ago, julig22 said:

It's usually in the MDR, not a specialty restaurant.  Which makes sense, since there's more variety to choose from, easier for everyone's individual preferences.

Huh, really bad assumption on my part. Guess I just thought it would/should be in a specialty restaurant, to make it truly special. I hear what you're saying about choices, but I bet most folks could find *something* they'd like in the Mexican, Italian or steakhouse restaurants. Le Bistro might be a little harder...

On 5/16/2023 at 8:09 AM, MagnoliaBlossom said:

A perk I would like to see for upper levels is priority disembarkation.  

Priority disembarkation is available to Gold and above (or so the chart says).  We've never used it because we've had late enough flights, so I can't tell you what this actually entails.

They list priority disembarkation, but it doesn’t actually occur.  I’ve had 34 NCL cruises and we always do self assist walk off because there is no real priority disembarking unless you are Haven.

other lines have a meeting area for certain levels and they are off first.  That is what I’d like to see NCL do.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, MagnoliaBlossom said:

They list priority disembarkation, but it doesn’t actually occur.

Ok. We've always been the last off the ship -- basically walk off, walk to an almost empty luggage area, and easily grab a taxi.  However, that's going to change in the future because we've been waiting far too long at the airport for our departing flight.

Good to know it's going to be a bit more of a hassle.

11 minutes ago, MagnoliaBlossom said:

They list priority disembarkation, but it doesn’t actually occur.  I’ve had 34 NCL cruises and we always do self assist walk off because there is no real priority disembarking unless you are Haven.

other lines have a meeting area for certain levels and they are off first.  That is what I’d like to see NCL do.

It kinda occurs, depending on the situation.  Getting off of the Sun yesterday there were issues - rumor is that the workers (not NCL) were having a work slow-down.  Gold (priority) and yellow (latitudes priority) tags were called but we stood in line outside the terminal and waited....

When they eventually got their act together, they called for the gold and yellow luggage tags and made the others (who had somehow gotten ahead in line, probably came out a different door) wait, apparently until all the priority bags had been picked up.  I did have yellow tags so got my bags and left.

One major issue is that people don't follow directions and get in line to get off of the ship long before their tag color is called.  In this particular instance, they did not allow people to jump the line - but that doesn't always happen. 

But yea, I agree it would be a good thing if NCL would do a better job of policing the process.

14 hours ago, alanstarr said:

Theoretically they do, right? If you count the dinner with the officers? Just turned Sapphire this week, so not positive how that works, but seems like that's the case.

I think a simple change is to leave the regular Behind the Scenes tour for Platinum, but upgrade Sapphires to the extended BTS which includes the bridge and engine room.

That is a great idea.

21 hours ago, alanstarr said:

Huh, really bad assumption on my part. Guess I just thought it would/should be in a specialty restaurant, to make it truly special. I hear what you're saying about choices, but I bet most folks could find *something* they'd like in the Mexican, Italian or steakhouse restaurants. Le Bistro might be a little harder...

In our case, about one-fourth of our dinners with officers have been in a specialty restaurant.  The rest were in one of the MDRs, sometimes the primary one and other times in the smaller MDR.

• Like 1