Offer to "bid" on Upgrades

adonisr

We're sailing on the Jade in August and have a balcony cabin booked.  Just got an email regarding bidding on upgrades.  Is a Club Balcony worth a few hundred more than the standard balcony?

Before bidding, check the website and see if the price has gone down and if you could get a better deal by just booking it. This way you could pick your room and not just accept whatever room they give you.

One thing to consider is that if you "re-book" you will have the current promotions and not the promotions you got when you originally booked. On my last NCL cruise I  called and upgraded for  less than the entry level bid. I did lose the double/triple latitude points by rebooking and I would have made platinum with that cruise. This time I am bidding the lowest possible $$ on the upgrade to keep my latitude offers. If I get the upgrade fine, if not I am happy in my balcony I already have.

31 minutes ago, adonisr said:

We're sailing on the Jade in August and have a balcony cabin booked.  Just got an email regarding bidding on upgrades.  Is a Club Balcony worth a few hundred more than the standard balcony?

For us it is. 

For me it depends. The club balcony suite is bigger than a balcony-but mostly bigger in the bathroom. I believe the Jade has tubs in the clubs-which I despise. Not a bath person and since my eyesight is so poor without my glasses it is hard for me to navigate getting over the lip of the bath especially in rough seas.

Also on your ship the clubs are on deck 11. Deck 12 is the pool, buffet etc.  I prefer being between passenger floors, if I had to choose a room above or below a public space, I would want to be able to choose which room (for example choose a room below the spa vs under the pool) you can’t do with the upgrade. 

However, you may love taking baths, or think the extra sinks to have 2 people getting ready is worth it. You may decide being 1 floor away from the action is plus. 

• Like 1

A club balcony mini-suite is definitely worth a few hundred bucks. But you won't get to choose your cabin. That said, the club balconies are not usually in undesirable spots.

But if there is one, you're going to get it.