Live from Solstice: ALASKA Dawes Glacier May 12-19, 2023 (First Sailing ex SEA)

Fly and Sail

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Congrats on your first "Live from..." Thanks for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic!"

Fly and Sail was awarded the badge '"Live from...."'

Another week, another cruise. After we had a lot of fun on the Millennium thread the last three weeks I’ll try to let those who are interested follow along on this weeks journey:

Celebrity Solstice to Alaska’s majestic Dawes Glacier, May 12-19th.

This will be the first Alaska sailing of the Solstice out of Seattle in the 2023 season and it will remain with the “Seattle loop” for the remainder of this years trips.

The sailing will take us from Seattle up north and then back down with a brief stop in Victoria.

If anyone else reading this is on board, please feel free to contribute with pictures and your own impressions along the way. 

Happy Sailings! 🙂🛳️

IMG_4893.jpeg

• Like 7

Leaving Las Vegas…

The Airport is extremely busy today and our flight to the Emerald City is 30 min delayed.

Munching away on some cookies prior to departure as we all know, it’s hard to get enough calories during a cruise. 😛

IMG_4892.jpeg

Edited by Fly and Sail
  • Like 4
  • Haha 4

Just arrived at the Kimpton Palladian Hotel in Seattle, 2000 Second Ave. Great location and I booked this hotel for 40,000 IHG points a month ago. Got upgraded to a nice suite as well.

IMG_4906.jpeg

IMG_4907.jpeg

IMG_4908.jpeg

IMG_4909.jpeg

Edited by Fly and Sail
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, jl208 said:

We're on your cruise from NYC...and staying at the kimpton vintage hotel 🤗

I was thinking of staying there but last year I stayed at the W nearby and didn’t find the area too encouraging. Meaning both Kimpton Monaco & Vintage were out this time. If you’re hungry I suggest to try to have dinner early (or at the hotel). 😉

5 minutes ago, Fly and Sail said:

I was thinking of staying there but last year I stayed at the W nearby and didn’t find the area too encouraging. Meaning both Kimpton Monaco & Vintage were out this time. If you’re hungry I suggest to try to have dinner early (or at the hotel). 😉

We're IHG plat members via cc and have free night certificates. The vintage was the only one that would redeem, good enough for us! The area is not too bad...I stayed at the Fairmont a few years ago nearby and think the area is better than it was in early 2020.

We've been eating and wandering pike place all day. Great eats and it's near bedtime for us east coast folks 🤣

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Fly and Sail said:

Oh, you're right. The third ship in port is the SCENIC ECLIPSE. 😄

Not a great pic, but here she is, caught her sailing away from the Solstice. 

Cool looking ship! 

PXL_20230512_020906909.thumb.jpg.b683c9ec2eb109b2e3ba94109adef7c6.jpg

• Like 4

Looking forward to your posts. My husband and I will be sailing out of Seattle on the Solstice at the beginning of September and I am looking forward to following along with you in anticipation of our cruise!

24 minutes ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

Is the Chihuly exhibit still at the base of the Space Needle…we really enjoyed exploring there a few years back. Incredible talent. 

That I can't tell you, I just strolled around when it was ~ 9 PM and wasn't looking for anything in particular.

Looking forward to following along; this itinerary was our first ever cruise. We could not get into Tracy Arm due to ice so we sailed into Endicott Arm. I am excited to witness your adventures.

• Like 1