Another issue with Celebrity Air

jbcallender

My Celebrity booked flight gets in to LAX at 7:00 a.m., the next leg leaves at 8:00 a.m.  Delta has  a big message on my intinerary "You will miss your connection, please call to make alternative arrangements".  Of course Celebrity owns the reservation, thus they have to request a change.  Celebrity says that is within their guideline.  It is a travel agent booking, so I can't do anything with anyone.  The TA has requested that Celebrity request a change, so I am in 24 - 48 hour limbo waiting.  This is for an August booking, 80 days out.  It's also four days prior to sailing, for a non-Celebrity pre-cruise train trip, so Celebrity has no impending liability for getting me onboard.

24 minutes ago, jbcallender said:

My Celebrity booked flight gets in to LAX at 7:00 a.m., the next leg leaves at 8:00 a.m.  Delta has  a big message on my intinerary "You will miss your connection, please call to make alternative arrangements".  Of course Celebrity owns the reservation, thus they have to request a change.  Celebrity says that is within their guideline.  It is a travel agent booking, so I can't do anything with anyone.  The TA has requested that Celebrity request a change, so I am in 24 - 48 hour limbo waiting.  This is for an August booking, 80 days out.  It's also four days prior to sailing, for a non-Celebrity pre-cruise train trip, so Celebrity has no impending liability for getting me onboard.

Didn't you pick your own flights? When I booked with FBC, I picked my own flights.

7 minutes ago, patty1955 said:

Didn't you pick your own flights? When I booked with FBC, I picked my own flights.

I picked them through the travel agent and originally, we had two hours, but Delta has changed time on the flights twice now.

Just now, jbcallender said:

I picked them through the travel agent and originally, we had two hours, but Delta has changed time on the flights twice now.

That's why we don't fly Delta. 

Can  your TA contact Delta? 

10 minutes ago, patty1955 said:

I think that this could happen with any airline.  The real problem is trying to get it changed through Celebrity.

• Like 1

I have had a number of flight booked with FBC where the airline has changed the time resulting in very short connections or very long layovers.  With some airlines if the flight has been ticketed I have been able to change the flights by calling the airline.  In those cases where the airline refers me back to FBC I have called them and told them the flights I wanted.  In each situation they have told me that they would have to request the change from the airline and it would take 24 -48 hours.  Every time the change has been made without a issue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, patty1955 said:

Actually, this can happen with any airline as we experienced the same issue with American (although flights were not booked thru Celebrity but directly with airline) for our cruise from San Juan. Our connection time was 54 minutes, a legal connection thru Miami. Long story VERY short, we boarded in the last group only to endure multiple issues causing a 4 hour delay into San Juan.  Since we were flying in 2 days early, we had plenty of time.

At any rate, flight schedule changes happen. If Delta is labeling as a mis-connect, Flights By Celebrity (a third party booking agency) should be able to change said flights.