Princess FCC Extension?

Lemonlee

We had to cancel a cruise last year due to Covid (tested positive 3 days before the cruise sailed) and Princess gave us each FCC.  I don't think we will be able to sail before our FCC expires in November.  Is it worth it to try to ask for an extension?  In reading past threads, it wasn't clear to me (some posts said they will never grant an extension for a goodwill FCC) - is our FCC considered goodwill since they weren't required to give us any money back?

Edited by Lemonlee
typing error

This does not sound like a goodwill FCC, just a refund of what you paid for a cruiser that had to be cancelled because of Covid.

If that is the case, definitely call Princess ask ask for the FCC to be extended.

If turned down, call again and likely a different rep will answer the phone.

Does the FCC say November is the last date to book a cruise or does it also say November is the last date to actually start the cruise?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lemonlee said:

We had to cancel a cruise last year due to Covid (tested positive 3 days before the cruise sailed) and Princess gave us each FCC.  I don't think we will be able to sail before our FCC expires in November.  Is it worth it to try to ask for an extension?  In reading past threads, it wasn't clear to me (some posts said they will never grant an extension for a goodwill FCC) - is our FCC considered goodwill since they weren't required to give us any money back?

If you have a TA/CVP that you used, call them for help.  If you’re ready to book a cruise for later, then have them book it and that might help also, if it’s not initially extended. 

7 hours ago, Lemonlee said:

Good advice above.  If an extension is required, it would be best if you were also booking a cruise for a future date so that they see you intend to sail and use the FCC.

I find myself in a similar situation as the original poster. My FCC expires September 30. I have spoken to my PCC on several occasions and have had her try to extend or move the balance to a new booking. Unfortunately, the expiration date is also the sail by date. I cannot do it because of a current medical condition which I explained to her and need to not travel until at least September. She informed me that she could not extend or place a credit on the cruise I was booking for next year. Funny I just received a call just last week (Voice Msg) reminding me to use by September. Hate leaving money on the table and do not understand why it can't be placed on a new booking.

Our FCC states that November is both the book by and travel by date.  Thanks to everyone for your suggestions.  I've sent in a request via the webform for an extension and will report back what answer I get. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2