OK Folks, Once and for All, What Does "DH" Stand For

bucsat1

I keep reading "DH" when ladies refer to their husbands. I have my assumptions as to what it stands for, but my wife is pretty sure it stands for "Dumb Husband". Now I told her that I never see any fellas refer to their wives as "DW's". She says, "That's because there aren't any Dumb Wives, only Dumb Husbands." Somebody help me!

Star Princess Thanksgiving '06

I had asked about DH on a different thread and I think it was Northender who was good enough to include the meaning of DW, DD, DS, for the family abbrev. I 've since been able to figure other family abbrev. like MIL for mother-in-law, DIL for daughter-in-law, SIL for son-in-law etc. etc.

Now I can't figure out what OP stands for exactly. I know it refers to the person who started the thread and is asking the question but what does OP stand for?

Everybody and everything is referred to on this site as a dear or darling, because this is a family oriented site. So if you have a bedbug infestation (which crops up on occasion), you shoud refer to dbb's (darling bed bugs). The secondary interpretation for dh, dmil, etc. is "deranged", and quite often this term applies as well to the poster's familial connections. Bed bugs however, are always "darling".

I actually think that it all depends at what point of the trip we are talking about. Oh sure we're the "Dear Husband" in the planning stage. But, it gets very confusing from there. I went into the cruise thinking it meant "Delinquent Husband" and based on that I assumed LOL meant "Lots Of Liquor". So, now I was the "Drunk Husband", well what do drunk men want? I suddenly was informed by my wife that I was now the "Denied Husband" and that I was the "Last On List" of the men she would be sleeping with. Now on the last day I looked in the mirror and realized that somewhere along the line I had become the "Disheveled Husband", and that was not pretty. Then the bar bill came to the room, trust me at this point I was the "Disoriented Husband". Now all our friends ask how the trip was and my wife says she had a great trip despite having to go with her "Damn Husband", and that if I pull a stunt like that again I'll be the "Divorced Husband". So, the way I see it, you can go from the "Dear Husband" to the "Dismissed Husband" in a blink of the eye, which leads me to believe your better off being the GH (Good Husband).....

Archived