Discovery Princess Inside Cabin: Which bunk types?

HikaruTsuki

After much Googling I am seeking your expertise. 

I am looking to book an inside cabin on the Discovery Princess, preferably a higher deck midship or mid-aft. It appears all inside cabins in these areas are for up to four passengers. I absolutely do not want the cabin to have fold-down bunks off the side of the wall. However, I can't seem to determine a way to know which cabins have the fold-down bunks VS the ceiling bunks (which we're fine with as they won't impede our space). 

If anyone knows how to tell (as there are few cabin reviews to rely on), please let me know! 

All inside cabins that hold up to four passengers all have them always coming out from the side of the wall unless you are booked in a balcony and up where this is not an issue as they're hidden and tucked in the ceiling and you also have the option of a sofa and some cabins

5 minutes ago, Jeter02 said:

All inside cabins that hold up to four passengers all have them always coming out from the side of the wall unless you are booked in a balcony and up where this is not an issue as they're hidden and tucked in the ceiling and you also have the option of a sofa and some cabins

I'm not certain this is true? I've seen inside cabins with the ceiling bunks in other parts of the ship? 

38 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Do a mock booking for 4.  Note the cabin numbers and AVOID them when choosing your stateroom.

One doesn't have to do a mock booking. Simply look at the deck plans online. Select 4 passengers from the drop down and those cabins will be highlighted. Avoid them like the plague.

image.png.cb5c2d106f544c7650fc12c2df53a094.png

Edited by Thrak
  • Thanks 1

Go to this website:

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/

It publishes the deck plans with the cabins laid out with markings that indicate not only if a cabin can accommodate 3rd and 4th, but also if it's a connecting cabin, all in one place.

The screenshot below of the Discovery Princess deck plans from the above website shows that C244 can accommodate 3rd and 4th, but also is connected to C240.

image.jpeg

6 minutes ago, SCX22 said:

Go to this website:

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/

It publishes the deck plans with the cabins laid out with markings that indicate not only if a cabin can accommodate 3rd and 4th, but also if it's a connecting cabin, all in one place.

The screenshot below of the Discovery Princess deck plans from the above website shows that C244 can accommodate 3rd and 4th, but also is connected to C240.

image.jpeg

I never understood why Princess doesn't have this image on their website.  Seems like a no brainer.  It was on their tiny atlas page they have have since abandoned.