Regional Pricing - Why is pricing in U.K. cheaper than in the US

Lovelocomoco

21 minutes ago, Lovelocomoco said:

I also checked on princess.com and I can go all the way to checkout for a great price. It stops me because I need an address in U.K. Do I need a TA or should I just do it through website.

You will get about 7% off with most online ta's

7 minutes ago, antsp said:

What cruise is it you are looking at, date and cabin type

I was looking at the Sky princess cruise that comes out of southampton. It’s the 14 night that comes out on July 20 2024. I wanted a standard balcony but I would need two because of my bigger family.

13 minutes ago, Lovelocomoco said:

I was looking at the Sky princess cruise that comes out of southampton. It’s the 14 night that comes out on July 20 2024. I wanted a standard balcony but I would need two because of my bigger family.

Priced it at £1890 in UK. 

2 minutes ago, antsp said:

Yes, for a standard balcony, taxes inc

That price is a lot better than the US price which is $3,769 per person for a balcony. So would you recommend me booking it with the same account as the cruise I have right now or should I use different account.

Just now, Lovelocomoco said:

That price is a lot better than the US price which is $3,769 per person for a balcony. So would you recommend me booking it with the same account as the cruise I have right now or should I use different account.

That didn't include Princess plus, that's £25 a day pp

Yeah right now I just signed into the U.K. one and It looks like if I sign in with my account, it takes me to the US website. I think i’m going to have to make a new account. Will I lose any of my member benefits? Will this not count as my second cruise?

10 minutes ago, Lovelocomoco said:

Yeah right now I just signed into the U.K. one and It looks like if I sign in with my account, it takes me to the US website. I think i’m going to have to make a new account. Will I lose any of my member benefits? Will this not count as my second cruise?

No it won't if you create yourself as a second person with two Captain's Circle accounts.  Each will have two unique home addresses, but you are going to have the same name and birthdate in each.  I am not sure trying to beat the system is going to work without legit ties in both countries, but give it a whirl if so inclined.

6 hours ago, Lovelocomoco said:

No, you will be a 1st cruiser. Once onboard you could get the credit added by visiting the captain circle desk, but as its being booked you will be a new cruiser. I did it for years. 

50 minutes ago, Lovelocomoco said:

I’ve contacted different U.K. TA’s. Won’t they notice when I jump on cruise that it is an address that I don’t live in? I feel like princess will ask when I go on cruise.

No, no one cares, all.you need is the booking number, and passport

1 hour ago, Lovelocomoco said:

I’ve contacted different U.K. TA’s. Won’t they notice when I jump on cruise that it is an address that I don’t live in? I feel like princess will ask when I go on cruise.

We have been asked for our drivers licences when we boarded cruises on special residents rates before.

16 minutes ago, sunviking90 said:

We have been asked for our drivers licences when we boarded cruises on special residents rates before.

Why would you have your driving license with you, it's not a special rate, it's a UK rate

8 hours ago, rosevew said:

Don't forget that the T&C's are different. I believe that you will have to have travel insurance in place as part of your booking agreement

Why would you go on a long haul vacation without travel insurance 

20 hours ago, antsp said:

Why would you have your driving license with you, it's not a special rate, it's a UK rate

I just finished contacting a TA from the U.K. and I told them my friend lives in the U.K. but I live in the US. She said Im allowed to book as long as I have a U.K. address.

15 minutes ago, Lovelocomoco said:

I just finished contacting a TA from the U.K. and I told them my friend lives in the U.K. but I live in the US. She said Im allowed to book as long as I have a U.K. address.

Perfect, vrbo will work 

On 5/16/2023 at 3:57 AM, Lovelocomoco said:

Hi i’m new to this website. I wanted to go on a cruise next summer to Europe on a princess cruise that comes out of Southampton. When I turned my vpn on to the U.K. just to investigate, I noticed a huge difference in price. The price was 30% cheaper than the price in the US. I tried to get that price but I need an address in the U.K. Has anyone tried this? Has anyone gotten caught? 

I’m from the UK and always check the price between booking with a UK agent versus US. I typically find that cruises from Southampton are cheaper with the UK agent and others are cheaper US, but depends on exchange rate etc.

I have had no problem booking with a US agent, but sometimes the price can increase for me a tiny bit due to my UK address but nothing like what I would have paid through a UK agent. It’s always worth asking the question.