11:00AM EWR Arrival and 3:00PM Cape Liberty Sailing

ILgirl

I know this is cutting it close.  IF, and I know this is a big IF, flight is on time, is this enough time to make it by cab from EWR to Cape Liberty?  Obviously, I’m trying to avoid a hotel night expense.  The 11:00AM arrival is the earliest available to me.  Thanks for your input!

1 hour ago, ILgirl said:

I know this is cutting it close.  IF, and I know this is a big IF, flight is on time, is this enough time to make it by cab from EWR to Cape Liberty?  Obviously, I’m trying to avoid a hotel night expense.  The 11:00AM arrival is the earliest available to me.  Thanks for your input!

The taxi ride itself is only a half hour, so yes, if everything goes well you can make it. 

I'm sure you know you're going to hear this from everyone who replies to your question: This is not a good idea. Flight delays and cancellations are common, baggage can take seemingly forever to be unloaded from the airplane and make its way to baggage claim.  Do you really want to risk missing your cruise...that you presumably spent a good deal of money for and are looking forward to in order to save a few dollars? 

Just curious about what cruise you're on, because your most recent posts don't mention anything about cruising from Cape Liberty.

Edited by njhorseman

Thx for your responses!  I would be sailing on a 9 night RCL to Canada and New England. If I did come in the day before which seems more likely, would I book a hotel in Elizabeth, NJ to be closest to the port?

50 minutes ago, ILgirl said:

Thx for your responses!  I would be sailing on a 9 night RCL to Canada and New England. If I did come in the day before which seems more likely, would I book a hotel in Elizabeth, NJ to be closest to the port?

Yes, Elizabeth is about as close as you'll get to the port. There's a cluster of five hotels on International Boulevard that you may want to consider. The hotels are adjacent to The Mills at Jersey Gardens outlet mall and some chain restaurants like Applebee's, Chili's and IHOP.

If you're interested in more adventurous and better-quality dining you might consider staying at the DoubleTree by Hilton at Newark Penn Station, which is near the Ironbound district of Newark, which is home to a substantial number of Spanish, Portuguese and Brazilian restaurants.

We've booked the Hampton Inn Suites in Elizabeth NJ for our pre-cruise this upcoming October 5th sail date. We've done this before and a taxi worked easy for us.

Do me a favor and stay one night in Elizabeth prior to your cruise. Have a nice dinner followed by a good nights sleep and your only thirty minutes away from Cape Liberty on embarkation day. I would be a nervous wreck if I was arriving at EWR at 11:00AM for a 3:00PM sailing.

8 hours ago, Corby114 said:

Do me a favor and stay one night in Elizabeth prior to your cruise. Have a nice dinner followed by a good nights sleep and your only thirty minutes away from Cape Liberty on embarkation day. I would be a nervous wreck if I was arriving at EWR at 11:00AM for a 3:00PM sailing.

I couldn't agree more !!!!