OBC shared by cabin?

theloo

If this has been asked before, I couldn't find the answer.  I have OBC that was allocated mostly to me and a smaller amount to my cabin mate (my child).  We rarely purchase anything on board, and I have more OBC than I need to cover gratuities.  Can my extra OBC be used to pay my child's gratuities since he does not have enough OBC for his full gratuities?  Meaning, is the OBC shared or specific to the passenger?  

If the accounts are linked to the same credit card then it will be automatic. Each will have charges to their on board account. In the summary account any credit balance on your account will net against any debit balance on your child's account. Check the accounts each day. If it isn't happening visit passenger services.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, skynight said:

If the accounts are linked to the same credit card then it will be automatic. Each will have charges to their on board account. In the summary account any credit balance on your account will net against any debit balance on your child's account. Check the accounts each day. If it isn't happening visit passenger services.

I probably should have included that all of the OBC is NON-refundable.  Does that make a difference?