Manhattan Cruise Terminal to EWR

chelseabelsea

Hello, fellow O cruisers!

we are on Vista arriving in NYC on 17 September; never needed a transfer from O before so I’m curious- are they ridiculously expensive? I’ve heard the terminal is chaos hence considering using O for transfer to EWR. Are we better off just getting a private car or cab? Thanks for your sage advice!

4 hours ago, chelseabelsea said:

Hello, fellow O cruisers!

we are on Vista arriving in NYC on 17 September; never needed a transfer from O before so I’m curious- are they ridiculously expensive? I’ve heard the terminal is chaos hence considering using O for transfer to EWR. Are we better off just getting a private car or cab? Thanks for your sage advice!

Check out Execucar (Super Shuttle’s private transfer division). We’ve also used Capricorn Luxury in NYC.

Also, for private airport transfers worldwide, you can get a good idea of what’s available by searching on the Mozio.com search engine.

Don't know if you are into public transportation, but a short cab ride to Penn Station, then the New Jersey transit train to EWR is super easy and very inexpensive.  The train is between $5-10 per person, with senior rates even less.  3-4 stops from Penn Station to the Newark Airport station.

1 hour ago, maccrate said:

Don't know if you are into public transportation, but a short cab ride to Penn Station, then the New Jersey transit train to EWR is super easy and very inexpensive.  The train is between $5-10 per person, with senior rates even less.  3-4 stops from Penn Station to the Newark Airport station.

I suspect it's been a while since you last took that train. Adult fare is $15.75 per person, senior citizens. children 5 to 11, military and disabled fare is $11.75.

The fare is high because of an $8.25 AirTrain surcharge.

I stand corrected.  It's been a couple of years since we did this route, and yes, the AirTrain surcharge does add a lot to the fare.  Still, much better than ride services or cabs, in my opinion.

Notwithstanding the corrections on cost I’ll add my vote for NJ Transit from Penn station.  Service is frequent, luggage is accommodated, and there are no questions related to traffic other than the ride to Penn station from the pier.

2 hours ago, maccrate said:

I stand corrected.  It's been a couple of years since we did this route, and yes, the AirTrain surcharge does add a lot to the fare.  Still, much better than ride services or cabs, in my opinion.

Unless you’re dragging luggage around with you.

• Like 1