Daily Activity Schedules?

On 6/20/2023 at 10:58 AM, Leejnd4 said:

Agree completely! I try to be one of those people who writes reviews when things are good too. I've posted countless reviews on TripAdvisor, Yelp and AirBnb, most of which are glowing, a few of which are damning. I know I often rely on reviews to help me make my travel choices, so I want to help others as well. And I try to motivate people I know to write reviews as well.

Hi there LeeAnne! 🙂 Happy that you have found a niche that you enjoy, I have only ever written 1 review on TA, and found it's not my style, writing official reviews. I prefer to try bring information that is helpful in a more casual atmosphere, like this forum. Sorry to disappoint, but please feel free to ask me anything?

• Like 1

TheDarkestBlue, loving your review/photos.  Please upload more, this is really whetting my appetite!  Can't wait to be on Paul Gauguin again in a few weeks time!  The food options look wonderful and as a vegetarian it can be difficult for me in some places. But the menu options you uploaded look fabulous.

Edited by mermaid 285

8 hours ago, mermaid 285 said:

TheDarkestBlue, loving your review/photos.  Please upload more, this is really whetting my appetite!  Can't wait to be on Paul Gauguin again in a few weeks time!  The food options look wonderful and as a vegetarian it can be difficult for me in some places. But the menu options you uploaded look fabulous.

I think you will not have any problem with the food, every day there were extensive offerings someone who eats like you. There were many vegetarian dishes that sounded yummy and filling.

Edited by TheDarkestBlue
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 6/23/2023 at 9:15 PM, sjkoen said:

Thanks for posting! So funny, I just watched his upload yesterday and he mentions someone stopped him on last day and said - if you ever see me, don't worry about bothering me, feel free to co tact before last day. 😀

Here's his review video, just posted 

Edited by TheDarkestBlue
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Hailee said:

Are those prices on the after dinner drink menu? I thought drinks were included?

There were only those high end (IDK- I'm not much of a drinker?) after dinner drinks one had to pay for, everything else was included. Those drinks, and a trip to the boutique or spa, seem to be the only things you could spend money on board for, besides excursions 🤙🏻

• Like 1

On 5/19/2023 at 3:15 PM, TheDarkestBlue said:

LOL! At this stage in my life, they would have to be some really big coconut shells 🥥🥥 not sure my neck is up to it! I do look forward to buying a pareo when we get to Tahiti, precruise. We're staying at the Hilton for a couple days, and I understand there is a shopping center across the street where I hope to score one. I would really love to learn how to do the flower crowns and lei from the ladies, not sure when they teach that or if they give you anything like that when you come onboard? 

So you've been before? Awesome 🤙🏻 

Hi! Did you end up going to the shopping center near the Papeete (Tahiti) Hilton for a pareo? We will be there pre-cruise and was just thinking about best places for pareo and souvenirs. Thanks! 

4 hours ago, minidonuts85 said:

Hi! Did you end up going to the shopping center near the Papeete (Tahiti) Hilton for a pareo? We will be there pre-cruise and was just thinking about best places for pareo and souvenirs. Thanks! 

Hi! 🙂 Yes, since we bookended the cruise at the Hilton, wound up in that mall a bunch, (each morning to grab a latte at Brioche Dorée) and it had more stores than I anticipated, super convenient from the pedestrian bridge at the Hilton.

https://www.pacificplaza.pf/boutiques/

Since we spent so much time being active, didn’t get to do much shopping during the cruise, except the local handicraft tables at the dock while for waiting for the tender. At the mall I bought some Hinano beer glasses at the Carrefour, which had all kinds of souvenirs at reasonable prices. The best advice I can give you regarding souvenirs is to turn it over and make sure it's made there in French Polynesia. Pareos are everywhere and I kept looking, they are all so unique, so many different colors and patterns, I never grabbed one until we were leaving the airport! Some excursions you can create your own, I hear. Now that I have it at home, I was twisting it around, and my husband looked at me and said it'll make a nice table cloth! LOL! 🙄🤣

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, TheDarkestBlue said:

Hi! 🙂 Yes, since we bookended the cruise at the Hilton, wound up in that mall a bunch, (each morning to grab a latte at Brioche Dorée) and it had more stores than I anticipated, super convenient from the pedestrian bridge at the Hilton.

https://www.pacificplaza.pf/boutiques/

Since we spent so much time being active, didn’t get to do much shopping during the cruise, except the local handicraft tables at the dock while for waiting for the tender. At the mall I bought some Hinano beer glasses at the Carrefour, which had all kinds of souvenirs at reasonable prices. The best advice I can give you regarding souvenirs is to turn it over and make sure it's made there in French Polynesia. Pareos are everywhere and I kept looking, they are all so unique, so many different colors and patterns, I never grabbed one until we were leaving the airport! Some excursions you can create your own, I hear. Now that I have it at home, I was twisting it around, and my husband looked at me and said it'll make a nice table cloth! LOL! 🙄🤣

This is perfect, thank you! We will only be there one night but have a decent amount of time and no plans before embarkation so figured I’d head to the mall and check out what they had. Def want to grab a snack and really want those Hinano glasses so thanks for the tip on those! My thought is the same as yours; I don’t really dedicate much time for shopping during trips unless we just happen to be somewhere with thighs to buy. But I do want a pareo and fiancee wants a men’s shirt of some sort. 

• Like 1