TxTeach79's Pride LIVE 5/28: Post Drydock European Adventure!

TxTeach79

9 minutes ago, Drazil65 said:

I am sorry this has happened, and unfortunately, in the current world of travel this situation is becoming more frequent it seems.  We always fly nonstop (easier from east coast I guess)  across the pond so I can literally watch the luggage being loaded onto the same (and only) plane we are flying on.  When we have an occasion where we can not do nonstop to final destination (like when we visit friends in Greece every couple of years) and need additional flights (usually from LHR) we only do carry on. 

We also pack an empty mid to large collapsible duffle bag in one of our carry on's for some "extra clothes" we will no doubt purchase at our destination (or souvenir type things and check that bag) depending how many days we are actually staying. A couple of years ago we were going to a wedding in Greece in addition to visiting friends for 10 days and because we only had carry on luggage (and backpack each) we purchased our wedding (dressy clothes over there) once we arrived.  There was no need to have the extra dressy clothes taking up any valuable carry on luggage space.  DH and DS purchased nice sport jackets and a dress shirts (had khaki pants that were sufficient for the wedding once topped with jackets) and I purchased a dress and matching shoes (of course!).  All these items go into the extra duffle bag as well as anything else we do not want to carry home on plane (depending how exhausted we are by time we go home we may check all of the bags). 

We also learned many years ago that if you do check a bag, take pix of it opened and packed and one of the closed luggage and tag (with your info if lost).  This way you do not need to remember everything if you do need to fill out a lost luggage form and there will be a pix of the luggage you are looking for as well.    Hoping things get better from this point on and you can relax some.  Beautiful place you are staying at, love the roof top!

looking back, nonstop was the way to go. We saved $800 making our connections, and in retrospect we’d have both paid the $800 to avoid all this. On the way back we’re AA nonstop LHR-DFW, so that’s a relief. 

Edited by TxTeach79
Fingers the size of iberico sausage
  • Like 11

2 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

B looked at me and said the first non stressed thing she’s said in a while…. “Welp, let’s just get drunk tonight”

that’s my girl 

Order a bottle of Bollinger and life is good🍾

• Like 2

I am SO sorry about all your travel struggles, but I am still enjoying this review and am very impressed by your ability to keep your sanity ❤️   Keep up the drinking and remember...you're about to be on a cruise!!!!   Even if you have to walk around in a towel for the next week - most of us would like to be you 😄

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

Just now, CLE2CRUISE said:

I am SO sorry about all your travel struggles, but I am still enjoying this review and am very impressed by your ability to keep your sanity ❤️   Keep up the drinking and remember...you're about to be on a cruise!!!!   Even if you have to walk around in a towel for the next week - most of us would like to be you 😄

now that’s my kinda perspective!

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

U don't need to fly nonstop.  U can't fly nonstop from d f w to bcn.  Just do carry on.  Not that hard.  If a family of 4 like us can do it, anyone can do it.  We have done it 2 summers in a row.  3 weeks and 3.5 weeks.  We even did formal clothes last year.

• Like 2