TxTeach79's Pride LIVE 5/28: Post Drydock European Adventure!

TxTeach79

14 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

We will definitely need a full try on, fashion show set to “Puttin on the Ritz” ala National Lampoons European Vacation. Please and thank you. 

ten points for capturing exactly what was in my head right out of the gate

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Island2Dweller said:

"Bags are still in London, they’re “locating them” all we could get was that she would “escalate” our claim…"

Manage your expectations.  I very much doubt that any BA staff are locating them - all BA staff and contracted agents who are on duty are dealing with the ongoing mess of today's flights, there are many more cancellations today.  They simply don't have any staff spare to deal with mishandled bags.  All mislaid baggage gets handed over by BA to a third party company who then do the track / trace / forward to new destination.

When BA lost my bag a couple of years ago it was six weeks before it got to me, with zero updates in the intervening period.  But I kept all the receipts for replacement clothing that I had to buy and BA paid the claim within a few days, I charged them almost EUR600 for replacement items

well that’s terrifying. I’ve only lost bags once before on US Air (RIP) and had them back the next day. And the agent at BCN last night was so convincing that we’d have them this morning. Even the Ba Agent today and the BA luggage site says almost all luggage is returned in 24-72 hours, but I’m afraid I’m losing hope in that 

• Like 6

46 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

No news from BA. Bags are still in London, they’re “locating them” all we could get was that she would “escalate” our claim….

looks like we may be on a European shopping spree tomorrow 

IMG_0140.jpeg.9d3ea5545d4d65ab710e311b6b900ff9.jpeg

I feel bad laughing at this reference and loving it as much as I am, but it certainly was fitting.  At least you still have a sense of humor about it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, StephPS79 said:

I feel bad laughing at this reference and loving it as much as I am, but it certainly was fitting.  At least you still have a sense of humor about it!

entirely possible I run Eric Idle over tonight 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TxTeach79 said:

No news from BA. Bags are still in London, they’re “locating them” all we could get was that she would “escalate” our claim….

looks like we may be on a European shopping spree tomorrow 

IMG_0140.jpeg.9d3ea5545d4d65ab710e311b6b900ff9.jpeg

Just a word of caution about men's underwear - the European version is - shall we say, "skimpier" than many American men would like.😮 Our friend swore that he might save one pair as a memento, but the others were getting deep-sixed.

Edited by nybumpkin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

12 minutes ago, lazydayz said:

Here's hoping you get your luggage before you board, but if I were you, I would be shopping now.  But I love shopping, especially in Europe.  

that’s the plan for tomorrow if it comes to that 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

@TxTeach79. Have you gotten your luggage yet?

We just saw a pedestrian get hit by a car.  It was crazy!  Drivers here be crazy. Motorcyclists be crazy.  Bicyclists be crazy.  

OMG. Crazy. And nope. It’s still in London. Zero progress. 

• Like 3

Okay, we are definitely going carry on for our flight in three weeks.  While I wouldn't mind shopping in Europe I'm 5"11, DH is 6'4" and DS is 6'3".  While I could probably find things for them I cannot skip into a store and find jeans/slacks etc... to fit my 35" inseam.  I will make good use of the Princess laundry rooms.

• Like 4

I am sorry this has happened, and unfortunately, in the current world of travel this situation is becoming more frequent it seems.  We always fly nonstop (easier from east coast I guess)  across the pond so I can literally watch the luggage being loaded onto the same (and only) plane we are flying on.  When we have an occasion where we can not do nonstop to final destination (like when we visit friends in Greece every couple of years) and need additional flights (usually from LHR) we only do carry on. 

We also pack an empty mid to large collapsible duffle bag in one of our carry on's for some "extra clothes" we will no doubt purchase at our destination (or souvenir type things and check that bag) depending how many days we are actually staying. A couple of years ago we were going to a wedding in Greece in addition to visiting friends for 10 days and because we only had carry on luggage (and backpack each) we purchased our wedding (dressy clothes over there) once we arrived.  There was no need to have the extra dressy clothes taking up any valuable carry on luggage space.  DH and DS purchased nice sport jackets and a dress shirts (had khaki pants that were sufficient for the wedding once topped with jackets) and I purchased a dress and matching shoes (of course!).  All these items go into the extra duffle bag as well as anything else we do not want to carry home on plane (depending how exhausted we are by time we go home we may check all of the bags). 

We also learned many years ago that if you do check a bag, take pix of it opened and packed and one of the closed luggage and tag (with your info if lost).  This way you do not need to remember everything if you do need to fill out a lost luggage form and there will be a pix of the luggage you are looking for as well.    Hoping things get better from this point on and you can relax some.  Beautiful place you are staying at, love the roof top!

Edited by Drazil65
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

They’ve been talking constantly for ten minutes. She hasn’t said a word. So he’s talking constantly. It’s Catalan, so it sounds nice, so at least we have that going for us. 

IMG_0146.thumb.jpeg.6b39f39ee853c161d0b1c0bfab6b38d9.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, edspec said:

Okay, we are definitely going carry on for our flight in three weeks.  While I wouldn't mind shopping in Europe I'm 5"11, DH is 6'4" and DS is 6'3".  While I could probably find things for them I cannot skip into a store and find jeans/slacks etc... to fit my 35" inseam.  I will make good use of the Princess laundry rooms.

agree. I’m a big fella, 6’2 plus, and I’m thankful to have the unlimited carnival Diamond laundry but skeptical of what I can find that fits well here in Barcelona 

• Like 6

This has me stressing about our upcoming Pride cruise (late July), going to Iceland.  Just not sure how I could do carry on only when we need all that cold weather gear. But that's a worry for another day. 

Today, I am glad to see you both have retained your sense of humor and are making the best of it. 

• Like 4