Honolulu Car Service

Dramatic1

We are in need of transportation to Cruise Terminal 2 and back to a Waikiki Hotel before and after our cruise. We have quite a bit of luggage and don't want to play it by ear using Uber/Lyft because we don't know if they can hold all of our bags. I spoke to 2 services that told me in order to pick up from the cruise terminal, we'd have to meet them across the street at Ruth's Chris. Are there any services that pick you up from the terminal and not outside of it? We'd rather not walk across the busy street with all of our luggage. TIA

We used Hawaii23 808-926-9049 last week for pick up from terminal to hotel and again pick up at hotel to ship.  We reserved them before leaving home.  For 3 of us plus luggage, it was $33 plus tip ($40) each time.  It was worth it to us.  They sent details of where they would pick us up at the shuttle area of the airport, and the wheelchair people rode us there.  We highly recommend them.

4 hours ago, Dramatic1 said:

We have quite a bit of luggage and don't want to play it by ear using Uber/Lyft because we don't know if they can hold all of our bags.

I don't know how a car service is going to be any different than Uber/Lyft here. You can just pick UberXL to guarantee an SUV or minivan. Its by far the easiest and most cost effective thing to do on such a short trip like this. 

17 hours ago, princeton123211 said:

I don't know how a car service is going to be any different than Uber/Lyft here. You can just pick UberXL to guarantee an SUV or minivan. Its by far the easiest and most cost effective thing to do on such a short trip like this. 

Can Uber/Lyft pick up directly from the terminal? The reason that I was looking for a car service was to guarantee that all of our luggage would fit in one vehicle. It probably won't fit in a small SUV

18 hours ago, princeton123211 said:

How much luggage do you have? We've used Uber XL with 2 suitcases that meet the max check-able airline size as well as a couple of carry-ons, with room to spare. The driver had a Suburban sized vehicle.

There were 3 of us oversized adults (2 used wheelchairs from plane to shuttle area).  Our son helped with the 2 largest pieces of luggage.  We had 4 pieces of luggage (medium to very large), 3 backpacks, 1 CPAP machine in case, & 1 purse.

From airport to hotel Hawaii23 sent a shuttle van (with logo on side).  There was one other couple on it too, with their luggage.  The van held all comfortably.  From hotel to ship Hawaii23 sent an SUV, and we were the only passengers.  Again, everything fit comfortably.

These are the directions that we received from Hawaii23.  I showed them to the wheelchair pushers, and they knew where to go for the shuttle pick up area.  We waited about 20 minutes for shuttle bus to come; our plane was an hour early.  There were other shuttle buses and taxis waiting in that area.  And people waiting too.  We felt very safe.

We will track your flight and will be in the airport area upon your flight arrival.

You will be looking for the Pre-arranged 4 area. 

Please exit the bag claim area between carousels 21 & 25 and cross the street to the median. From the median you will see signs for Pre- arranged pickup area number 4. 
Please use the crosswalk once more and proceed into the Pre-arranged 4 area.

Look for our driver with a Hawaii 23 sign. 

2 hours ago, DCwom said:

How much luggage do you have? We've used Uber XL with 2 suitcases that meet the max check-able airline size as well as a couple of carry-ons, with room to spare. The driver had a Suburban sized vehicle.

4 checked bags, 4 carry on, 4 backpacks and 4 people

36 minutes ago, georgiacat said:

There were 3 of us oversized adults (2 used wheelchairs from plane to shuttle area).  Our son helped with the 2 largest pieces of luggage.  We had 4 pieces of luggage (medium to very large), 3 backpacks, 1 CPAP machine in case, & 1 purse.

From airport to hotel Hawaii23 sent a shuttle van (with logo on side).  There was one other couple on it too, with their luggage.  The van held all comfortably.  From hotel to ship Hawaii23 sent an SUV, and we were the only passengers.  Again, everything fit comfortably.

These are the directions that we received from Hawaii23.  I showed them to the wheelchair pushers, and they knew where to go for the shuttle pick up area.  We waited about 20 minutes for shuttle bus to come; our plane was an hour early.  There were other shuttle buses and taxis waiting in that area.  And people waiting too.  We felt very safe.

We will track your flight and will be in the airport area upon your flight arrival.

You will be looking for the Pre-arranged 4 area. 

Please exit the bag claim area between carousels 21 & 25 and cross the street to the median. From the median you will see signs for Pre- arranged pickup area number 4. 
Please use the crosswalk once more and proceed into the Pre-arranged 4 area.

Look for our driver with a Hawaii 23 sign. 

Thank you. I will price them also

I guess what confuses me is where you can get transportation at the pier. I contacted a few services that told me that they weren't permitted to pick up inside the terminal, after the cruise. There is a special permit required and not all private services have this permit.

Is it possible to pick up a tax or Uber right by the terminal without having to go across Ala Moana Blvd?

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I also am looking for a transportation from the pier to our Waikiki hotel. The shuttle/transportation companies that I have called also told me that they are not allowed to pick up inside the terminal. The ones that are available for online booking are either to or from the airport but I am needing from the cruise terminal to Waikiki hotel. We are 4 adults with 6 pieces of luggage. I also don’t want to chance not being able to fit into an Uber. 
I would appreciate any help on this as well.

53 minutes ago, #1Nanna said:

I also am looking for a transportation from the pier to our Waikiki hotel. The shuttle/transportation companies that I have called also told me that they are not allowed to pick up inside the terminal. The ones that are available for online booking are either to or from the airport but I am needing from the cruise terminal to Waikiki hotel. We are 4 adults with 6 pieces of luggage. I also don’t want to chance not being able to fit into an Uber. 

We decided to go with go 808express. We spoke with them many times and they were quite reasonable. We haven't gone yet so I can't recommend personally.

Edited by Dramatic1

On 5/30/2023 at 12:36 PM, #1Nanna said:

Charley's Taxi should do.

On 5/30/2023 at 3:36 PM, #1Nanna said:

I also don’t want to chance not being able to fit into an Uber. 

Uber really is the best option for a shorter trip like this and are plentiful in Honolulu. We usually only use Uber when staying in Waikiki. 

You can just select UberXL and you're provided with a van or SUV that can seat up to 6 and luggage if you are concerned about space. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, dog said:

Does Charlie’s pick up right at ship terminal outside baggage claim?  Royal Princess.

It is Charley's and it might depend on which pier. I know they do at the Aloha Tower and I know I've gotten cabs from Pier 2, I just don't remember which company it was. Someone in another topic mentioned issues at Pier 2 with shuttles and Uber, so I don't know if a pre-arranged Charley's cab would fall in the same category.

4 minutes ago, scottca075 said:

It is Charley's and it might depend on which pier. I know they do at the Aloha Tower and I know I've gotten cabs from Pier 2, I just don't remember which company it was. Someone in another topic mentioned issues at Pier 2 with shuttles and Uber, so I don't know if a pre-arranged Charley's cab would fall in the same category.

I will contact them.  Go in September. Car rental at airport. Staying a week

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/28/2023 at 10:32 AM, scottca075 said:

On 6/28/2023 at 10:37 AM, dog said:

I will contact them.  Go in September. Car rental at airport. Staying a week

Charley’s says it does Not pick up at pier 2.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/19/2023 at 12:43 AM, dog said:

Charley’s says it does Not pick up at pier 2.

Well, crap! Our cruise ends in Honolulu in October and we are also needing transportation from the cruise port to the airport to pick up our rental car. I have just assumed that there would be plenty of transportation available as we exit the cruise terminal or am I wrong? Hope someone can advise.

Just now, SilkySal said:

Well, crap! Our cruise ends in Honolulu in October and we are also needing transportation from the cruise port to the airport to pick up our rental car. I have just assumed that there would be plenty of transportation available as we exit the cruise terminal or am I wrong? Hope someone can advise.

Just take Uber-- works great in Honolulu. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, SilkySal said:

I feel your pain! We are having the same problem.  Hawaii probably has this set up this way to "share the wealth" so to speak between the shuttles and taxis. I just ran a dummy booking with SPEEDISHUTTLE, for 2,4, and 8 passengers from port to airport. Respectively $40.00/$81.00/$143.00 incl tax and fees.  Not as cheap as a cab, they got us, what are you going to do!  Hope this gives you some insight,

• Thanks 1

We used go 808 and had no problems at all. They are able to pick you up directly from the pier. We used them for multiple legs of our trip. From the airport to our hotel in Waikiki. From that hotel to the pier, from the pier to another hotel and then from that hotel to the airport. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Dramatic1 said:

We used go 808 and had no problems at all. They are able to pick you up directly from the pier. We used them for multiple legs of our trip. From the airport to our hotel in Waikiki. From that hotel to the pier, from the pier to another hotel and then from that hotel to the airport. 

I just sent them a quote request.