Copenhagen Post Cruise transportation?

We are spending two nights post cruise in Copenhagen.

In addition, we have a VERY early flight out.... 

What is the best way to get from Port to Hotel?   Hotel to Airport?

Taxi? Public Transportation?

Suggestions appreciated.

*Edit to add... I have read there is a Hop On/Off Bus and it stops at the Port Terminal.   

Wondering if this is an option to take if our hotel is on the Hop On Bus route (or close to it).

Thank you.

Edited by lesliew

"Best"? Limo with champagne being served.

Taxi is probably the easiest. Going to the airport would depend on where you are staying. There is a train, takes 15 minutes.

There are two hotels across the street from the airport, which what I would use with a "very early" flight.

• Thanks 1

It is 30 minutes by public transport from the terminals to city - bus to Orientkaj Metro station and then metro to city. Alternative is taxi.

It’s 15/20 minutes by train or metro depending on location of hotel or taxi.

No Uber in Denmark.

As suggested by CruiseBruce you might want to stay at an airport hotel when you have an early flight - two hotels next to the terminal - same hotel chain - Nordic Choice - however will soon be Strawberry - Either Clarion or Comfort hotel.

There is Metro or train from airport to city center. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am trying to search a transfer company from the Copenhagen Port to the Airport.  We are flying out of Copenhagen to get to Rome.  I was not able to get a transfer from Viking....disappointed.  Anyone has any suggestions.  I could take a taxi but I fear I might have some problem getting one if too many ships are docked on the same day.  

On 5/20/2023 at 1:22 PM, lesliew said:

We are spending two nights post cruise in Copenhagen.

In addition, we have a VERY early flight out.... 

What is the best way to get from Port to Hotel?   Hotel to Airport?

Taxi? Public Transportation?

Suggestions appreciated.

*Edit to add... I have read there is a Hop On/Off Bus and it stops at the Port Terminal.   

Wondering if this is an option to take if our hotel is on the Hop On Bus route (or close to it).

Thank you.

Take a taxi.  You don't want to carry your bags on a bus.  How inconvenient that would be.

43 minutes ago, Nofrillsnofun said:

I am trying to search a transfer company from the Copenhagen Port to the Airport.  We are flying out of Copenhagen to get to Rome.  I was not able to get a transfer from Viking....disappointed.  Anyone has any suggestions.  I could take a taxi but I fear I might have some problem getting one if too many ships are docked on the same day.

There are usually the necessary taxis at the terminal - the ride from Oceankaj to the Airport takes 30 to 45 minutes - depending on the day and time - the price is from DKK 470 to 560 for 4 passengers - also depending on the day of the week and the time.

Remember that all prices in Denmark is inclusive tips. Payment by credit card.
If you have data roaming, booking and paying with the Taxi App can be a good idea.

• Like 1