New Suite Deposit Calculation Policy

I'm fine with the new suite deposit policy. It just gets a little more paid off upfront and the change fee is still reasonable. If you're booking a suite, paying a deposit of $1,000, $1,500, $2,000, etc., shouldn't matter in the realm of things. And if it does, maybe you should be looking at less expensive cabins?

Edited by Sigyn
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, Sigyn said:

I'm fine with the new suite deposit policy. It just gets a little more paid off upfront and the change fee is still reasonable. If you're booking a suite, paying a deposit of $1,000, $1,500, $2,000, etc., shouldn't matter in the realm of things. And if it does, maybe you should be looking at less expensive cabins?

It’s not the amount of the deposit for me.  I just want a clear message from Celebrity about the change fee.  Can I shift this larger NRD to another sailing?  For me it’s only $500 more than previous deposits.

• Like 2

On 6/21/2023 at 8:46 AM, zitsky said:

How does this affect repricing?  I’ve never done it but thought about it.

I am close to booking a Sky Suite for January 2025 and I would expect price will fluctuate.  I am not too concerned about it as I have a large amount of OBC and price is acceptable to me.

Edit:  Also wouldn’t trip insurance cover the deposit if you buy Cancel For Any Reason?

This should not affect the price match re-pricing.    I just repriced one this week.

On 6/21/2023 at 8:46 AM, zitsky said:

Edit:  Also wouldn’t trip insurance cover the deposit if you buy Cancel For Any Reason?

While I have never purchased this before I did some googling and found some intersting information.    Also Cost seems high at 11.15% of Trip cost for the Any Reason that doesn't seem to cover all Reasons.

Unfortunately, Celebrity’s list of cancellation reasons lacks some important coverages. We recommend policies that also include:

• Default or bankruptcy of the common carrier or travel supplier
  • Cancel For Work Reason (traveler required to work during the trip)
  • Employer-initiated transfer of 250 miles or more
  • Destination uninhabitable or unreachable by fire, flood or natural disaster
  • Mechanical breakdown of a common carrier
  • Traveler involved in accident en-route to departure
  • Mandatory evacuation
  • Hurricanes
  • Documented theft of passports or visas
  • Jury duty, or subpoena.

Celebrity CruiseCare Travel Protection will provide a full refund if you have to cancel for a covered reason, but their Cancel For Any Reason policy only provides a 90% refund in the form of a future cruise credit. Also, their protection plans do not cover any travel arrangements booked outside of your cruise.

• Thanks 1