Room Key Cards

Hi everyone. 

We are sailing on Rotterdam this December and my 81 year old Mother will be joining us, sailing in a solo inside cabin.  I have a couple of quick questions for the knowledgeable out there.

Will HAL give us a card to her room if we ask..and she could have one to ours?

Any recommendations between Special Needs at Sea and Scootaround for a possible scooter rental?

Thanks.

Your mother should be the one to ask for a key to her cabin for you, and similar for you to give her a key to your cabin. But yes, it can easily be done to get a cabin key with no charging privileges for someone in your party. 

I have used Special Needs at Sea to rent a scooter for about 10 years now, and have been satisfied. When they did give me a bum scooter one year, they did replace it at their earliest opportunity, but the distance was such that they also could have gone out of their way to get it to me a day earlier. They didn't do that. 
They did refund the money for the days the scooter was out of service without question. 
I have never used Scootaround (formerly known as Care Vacations), so can't speak to how they are. 
Their scooters look as if they are newer than those of the other company. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CruisingAndDiving said:

Awesome @RuthC!  As always, I can count on you for some great advice!  Should we ask about room keys during check-in or at guest services once on board?

Cheers!

Definitely ask when on board as Ruth C suggested.f

that’s what we did in November.  My sister had a key to my room as I was in a wheel chair (sadly) and to answer the door was too difficult.  It was done quickly and easily.

• Like 1