Current offers?

carohs

Preliminary search today for a 3 night out of LA sometime in the next few months and I'm seeing no good offers. I know inflation and all that, but I remember seeing better offers last year. I was hoping for some last minute cruise specials. Any chances something will pop up for memorial day or even 4th of July?

• Like 1

Nah, look how full the Radiance is for Fourth of July.  They don't have many rooms left. I don't think they'll need to discount them very far to sell the rest of them.  (Things are very full all throughout June and July, whole categories sold out, for example.)

The Radiance cruise for Memorial Day weekend isn't even available to book.  I'm guessing it's full. 

If you'd really like a less expensive cruise you're going to have to wait till the kids get back in school, after Labor Day. By late Sept the short cruises go back to starting at $199.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, carohs said:

I meant holiday "sales" not sailing those dates. I know they'd be too full then 😆 

Carnival hasn't really had a meaningful sale in quite some time now. The 50th anniversary kickoff last year was probably the biggest most recent sale that I can think of offhand.

We must remember this time last year there were still some restrictions although they were quickly being lifted on a weekly basis and a lot of people were still in wait and see before they wanted to cruise. This year it's a free for all. I wouldn't expect any deals until at least Labor Day, if not after. With so many families now homeschooling or in remote schooling, the traditional school calendar travel periods seem to be a thing of the past more and more.

• Like 1

"the traditional school calendar travel periods seem to be a thing of the past more and more."

Maybe it used to be more stark, but there's still a big difference.

The short cruises on the Radiance are near $500 this July, and goes down to almost 1/3 of that in the middle of October. Granted (And our west coast itineraries don't really vary.) Of course if you're willing to commit, you can get a shorter cruise for NEXT summer in the $300s, but it's still double what they are this fall.  

The week long Panorama cruises are $800 + for this Summer, around $400 in the fall and Spring and over $600 for next summer.

There's a big discount for booking far out.  But there's a bigger one for going when the kids are in school. (And if you can go during the work week, you basically get 5 days for the price of four. 😝)

Yeah I checked back over the weekend and prices were pretty much the same as last weekend boo

Oh well maybe I'll book something for next summer. 

I already have a cruise booked in Oct too so I didn't have a whole lot of flexibility with days off between now and then. In the meantime I'm enjoying all these Lives lately. Maybe one day Europe will be in the plans for us too. 

On 5/24/2023 at 9:57 AM, carohs said:

I meant holiday "sales" not sailing those dates. I know they'd be too full then 😆 

I dont think any of the cruiselines are discounting much. Prices just seem to go up and up. I would not hold my breath hoping for a sale. I understood your post and realize you just want to book soon, not cruise soon. I dont see any good deals.

• Like 1