How do I search a single thread?

Only on a PC. Type what you are looking for in the search bubble and press enter or click on the magnifying glass.

It is only possible to search This Topic on a PC. Handhelds do not have the feature. Although with some devices putting it in landscape will change the display to the desktop layout with a search bubble as opposed to just the magnifying glass.

3 hours ago, broberts said:

Only on a PC. Type what you are looking for in the search bubble and press enter or click on the magnifying glass.

It is only possible to search This Topic on a PC. Handhelds do not have the feature. Although with some devices putting it in landscape will change the display to the desktop layout with a search bubble as opposed to just the magnifying glass.

I can search a topic on my iPad. Yes only in landscape but I never read Cruise Critic in portrait orientation. I never read it in portrait orientation on my computer either. Can’t do a topic search on my phone in any orientation. I can read the forums on my phone in landscape or portrait but the forum software does not have all the features on the phone. 

Edited by Charles4515

16 hours ago, broberts said:

What do you mean by "search bubble"?  On my laptop screen, I see a magnifying glass in the corner.  If I click on that, I can search, but I don't see an option to only search a specific thread . . . 

Screenshot 2023-05-26 at 12.19.06 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-05-26 at 12.19.20 PM.png

39 minutes ago, iujen94 said:

What do you mean by "search bubble"?  On my laptop screen, I see a magnifying glass in the corner.  If I click on that, I can search, but I don't see an option to only search a specific thread . . . 

Screenshot 2023-05-26 at 12.19.06 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-05-26 at 12.19.20 PM.png

Your laptop screen may not be logically wide enough. Is the browser window full screen? If not try that.

This is what I see on my table in portrait mode

Screenshot_20230526_125832_Chrome.thumb.jpg.0554f16f0cbf3cbd38614a3101ac2191.jpg

This is what I see when I rotate the table to landscape

Screenshot_20230526_125913_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a1a3c9c0d0f8a107e7b44958fc168a8a.jpg

Edited by broberts

43 minutes ago, broberts said:

Your laptop screen may not be logically wide enough. Is the browser window full screen? If not try that.

This is what I see on my table in portrait mode

Screenshot_20230526_125832_Chrome.thumb.jpg.0554f16f0cbf3cbd38614a3101ac2191.jpg

This is what I see when I rotate the table to landscape

Screenshot_20230526_125913_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a1a3c9c0d0f8a107e7b44958fc168a8a.jpg

Thank you!!  Making my browser window a little bigger did the trick!