Holland America FlightEase Question

kb4683

I believe that in the past if you booked your air then went back to check for a price drop or maybe a better schedule, etc. that your original flight booking was lost (overridden) from the reservation.  Is that still the case?

BTW, this is before final payment.

Thank you!

7 hours ago, kb4683 said:

I believe that in the past if you booked your air then went back to check for a price drop or maybe a better schedule, etc. that your original flight booking was lost (overridden) from the reservation.  Is that still the case?

BTW, this is before final payment.

Thank you!

Not true - you can keep checking fares continually before final payment.  I have done it for the past year (fares never got lower only ridiculously higher).  BUT I just had a major issue.  A month after FINAL payment I called and had my flights ticketed so I could look at upgrading and BOOM - I was hit with an additional cost of $2200 for my flights and sent an invoice from HAL via my TA.  It was a MISTAKE and it took my TA over 2 hours to get it straightened out and nearly gave me a heart attack.  They got it fixed but KEEP AN EYE ON THINGS.  

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Skicruiser55 said:

Not true - you can keep checking fares continually before final payment.  I have done it for the past year (fares never got lower only ridiculously higher).  

Thank you.  

I just went into "Manage my cruise", then clicked on FlightEase/View Flights, when I get to the page with our names & departure airport I clicked "Book & Manage Flights".  Here's where I get nervous, the flight we have already reserved comes up -- do I click on "Change Flights"?

image.png.880113f697011b594e68eadda57f533b.png

22 minutes ago, kb4683 said:

Thank you.  

I just went into "Manage my cruise", then clicked on FlightEase/View Flights, when I get to the page with our names & departure airport I clicked "Book & Manage Flights".  Here's where I get nervous, the flight we have already reserved comes up -- do I click on "Change Flights"?

image.png.880113f697011b594e68eadda57f533b.png

You can do this and it shows you new flight options. It won’t cancel or change what you have. It allows you to compare. 

11 minutes ago, Skicruiser55 said:

You can do this and it shows you new flight options. It won’t cancel or change what you have. It allows you to compare. 

Thank you for this information!

Just so I am completely clear, I just need to click on  the change flights tab??  

Can you tell I'm afraid of losing the one we have already booked?  (More used to Princess where you don't even have to book the cruise before checking airfares.)

3 hours ago, kb4683 said:

Thank you for this information!

Just so I am completely clear, I just need to click on  the change flights tab??  

Can you tell I'm afraid of losing the one we have already booked?  (More used to Princess where you don't even have to book the cruise before checking airfares.)

Yes that’s what I did in and it gives you the current options. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/26/2023 at 3:31 PM, Skicruiser55 said:

Not true - you can keep checking fares continually before final payment.  I have done it for the past year (fares never got lower only ridiculously higher).  BUT I just had a major issue.  A month after FINAL payment I called and had my flights ticketed so I could look at upgrading and BOOM - I was hit with an additional cost of $2200 for my flights and sent an invoice from HAL via my TA.  It was a MISTAKE and it took my TA over 2 hours to get it straightened out and nearly gave me a heart attack.  They got it fixed but KEEP AN EYE ON THINGS.  

Just curious. Can you request that flights be ticketed at the time you book with FlightEase even before final cruise payment?

2 hours ago, FLCruiser97 said:

Just curious. Can you request that flights be ticketed at the time you book with FlightEase even before final cruise payment?

Yes you can - at that point I think you will pay fees if you were to make changes to your flights. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am confused, I was under the impression that if you included air with the cruise, through Holland, the price was guaranteed when booking.  Are you saying the air price can change until final payment?

1 hour ago, maggiev said:

I am confused, I was under the impression that if you included air with the cruise, through Holland, the price was guaranteed when booking.  Are you saying the air price can change until final payment?

The price YOU have will not change BUT the airfare prices might.  Does that make sense?  For instance if you're paying $2400 round trip, that's the price but it's possible that your same flights, or similar, or ones that you'd consider, will drop in price so outside final payment, you can change what you have.

I've done it several times.  This last time, I was happy with the price, it never did go down, I paid the cruise off a little early and got early ticketing.  And BA cancelled my flight but rebooked me.  LOL.  The day before.  Right at the time I would have been able to check in.  It all worked out.

On 6/17/2023 at 10:16 AM, megr1125 said:

The price YOU have will not change BUT the airfare prices might.  Does that make sense?  For instance if you're paying $2400 round trip, that's the price but it's possible that your same flights, or similar, or ones that you'd consider, will drop in price so outside final payment, you can change what you have.

I've done it several times.  This last time, I was happy with the price, it never did go down, I paid the cruise off a little early and got early ticketing.  And BA cancelled my flight but rebooked me.  LOL.  The day before.  Right at the time I would have been able to check in.  It all worked out.

On 6/18/2023 at 9:40 PM, maggiev said:

Gotta love the airlines

i think I get it - that’s the price but it could go down

Bingo.  It can pay to keep checking too and with HAL/Princess/Cunard's air it's 1000 times easier as you can change it right on line. With Royal and X, you can change it but you have to call.  Pretty sure that by the (literal) 10th time I called, they were done with me but either my fare went down, biz went down to within my budget, or I changed a date.  

• 2 weeks later...

There was a clause in the conditions that said if the airline cancelled the flight; Flightease would rebook you.  In that case the rate might be higher; and you had to pay the difference.  

I called today to get clarification and they basically told me in this case you don't get any choice - you have to pay for the flight and can't change it if you don't like the flights (unless you pay any cancellation fees).

Does anyone know if this is correct - that clause is making me nervous about booking thru flight ease.

On 6/29/2023 at 4:48 PM, majmaj4 said:

There was a clause in the conditions that said if the airline cancelled the flight; Flightease would rebook you.  In that case the rate might be higher; and you had to pay the difference.  

I called today to get clarification and they basically told me in this case you don't get any choice - you have to pay for the flight and can't change it if you don't like the flights (unless you pay any cancellation fees).

Does anyone know if this is correct - that clause is making me nervous about booking thru flight ease.

This is direct from the FAQs about FlightEase

Airline Schedule Changes

Airline bookings are subject to flight schedule changes by the airlines. Schedule changes can occur at any time and may affect your flights. Holland America Line is not responsible for airline schedule changes. Holland America Line will assist guests affected by airline schedule changes so that flights booked will meet ship embarkation and disembarkation requirements. Any associated costs related to or caused by an airline schedule change is the responsibility of the guest.