Saint Greg's Venezia Transatlantic May 29, 2023

Saint Greg

On my way down to the atrium bar I heard MarQ’s voice coming out of the main lounge. It was the end of some game. I missed it. 

IMG_6562.thumb.jpeg.0fade2afd7301426d169aeaf935ff3af.jpeg

i just saw the bartender go to the back so I went up to the plaza bar.

IMG_6563.thumb.jpeg.8786c5c5333b1155c0cae044cb23689c.jpeg

• Like 12

11 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

It’s not too late. I haven’t eaten yet.

In that case, I 2nd the lamb biryani! The fish tikka is intriguing as an appetizer. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I scared the stuff out of a lady on my hall. She peeked her head out the door and looked to her left. I was coming sown the hallway from her right. Just as she turned her head I was  passing her. She screamed. I laughed. Then she said “ you didn’t know you were that scary did you?”

And that explains why you won't post those selfies

• Haha 19

I would definitely have one of the lamb dishes, Indians make some of the best lamb dishes I have had. I think I would go with the lamb appetizer and the chicken entree, and the kheer for dessert. 

• Like 1

Funny, the pics of the Heroes bar are making me want to hang out there on my September cruise, and I am not a sports fan. It just looks like a place that isn't(as my wife would call it) peopley.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, AFS1970 said:

Funny, the pics of the Heroes bar are making me want to hang out there on my September cruise, and I am not a sports fan. It just looks like a place that isn't(as my wife would call it) peopley.

That’s because it’s June and all they have on is tennis. In September it will be very peopley. Maybe not during the week during the day. But definitely all day Saturday and Sunday. Monday and Thursday nights.

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

That’s because it’s June and all they have on is tennis. In September it will be very peopley. Maybe not during the week during the day. But definitely all day Saturday and Sunday. Monday and Thursday nights.

Are they at least showing the NBA Championship or the Stanley Cup?   They had them both showing on the Legend last week and even a few MLB games.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jerseyjjs said:

Are they at least showing the NBA Championship or the Stanley Cup?   They had them both showing on the Legend last week and even a few MLB games.

Are they happening now? If they are I’m sure I’m always asleep during them because we’re still far off time wise. There are only two channels I’ve seen on in that bar. Sport 24 and sport 24 extra. All I have ever seen on them is tennis, rugby and soccer. Mostly tennis. The primary bartender down there seems to be a big tennis fan so I don’t know if that’s always on because it’s what he likes or because that’s all he has. He has a bit of an attitude and he’s not very friendly.

• Like 6

Saint Greg, as you haven’t mentioned it perhaps when you select a “table for 1” you are getting what you requested on this cruise. Last cruise you had a terrible time with them wanting to seat you with people. Us Followers keep an eye out for you!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, cellfree said:

Saint Greg, as you haven’t mentioned it perhaps when you select a “table for 1” you are getting what you requested on this cruise. Last cruise you had a terrible time with them wanting to seat you with people. Us Followers keep an eye out for you!

Yeah it’s really only been a problem on magic I think. Both September and February it was an issue. And only breakfast/brunch.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 2