Confused, do I need to add the drink package and Wifi if I am booking YC

kaz828

All included. Not need to add anything unless you want specialty dining and even that is not necessary, IMO.  YC meals are just as good, if not better than any specialty dining option available.  We did spend extra money on the wine tasting, however, and it was excellent.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

We did spend extra money on the wine tasting, however, and it was excellent.

How do you sign-up for those: online in advance or onboard? We have our first MSC cruise booked for next March.

We've had a couple NCL cruises over the past year and have enjoyed the wine tastings on those cruises.

9 minutes ago, Erekosse said:

How do you sign-up for those: online in advance or onboard? We have our first MSC cruise booked for next March.

We've had a couple NCL cruises over the past year and have enjoyed the wine tastings on those cruises.

I didn’t see a way to sign up prior to the cruise but once on board you can make your way to the wine cellar (if you’d ship has one) and sign up with the sommelier. We did this on Seashore. If no wine venue, you can ask your butler or concierge. If not in YC I think you can inquire at any specialty dining reservation desk. We didn’t do a wine tasting on Meraviglia so I’m not sure where you’d go if on that class of ship but it’s likely published in the daily planner. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No. YC includes the premium drinks and wifi.

However, you will still keep getting emails and such asking you to buy such things. Your reservation will not show these as purchases, but if you look at the description of what's included in the YC (both online and in the experience at about p5 on your booking confirmation) it will show the drink package, wifi, YC restaurant, spa thermal suite, etc. as being part of your YC experience.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

All included. Not need to add anything unless you want specialty dining and even that is not necessary, IMO.  YC meals are just as good, if not better than any specialty dining option available.  We did spend extra money on the wine tasting, however, and it was excellent.

Did this have better wines than the ones included in the package?

15 hours ago, kaz828 said:

If I am booking a YC cabin, do I need to pay for a package with the drinks and wifi? I see offered cruise only and the package for the YC option

If you price out a cruise with options for cruise only and the current promo   - OBC with drink and WiFi- and then, select YC .
The price shown , if promo selected, is the same as cruise only - if YC is selected.

It used to not be this way.

A promo with drinks and WiFi  was more expensive if you selected YC, even though they are included in YC. 
I would have to explain to TA, book basic fare because YC included drinks and WiFi.