Online Check-in --- Photo still required?

Just2guys

We will be completing our online check-in in a few days for our upcoming cruise.  I remember reading awhile back that we had to upload a recent picture to complete online check-in in order to select a boarding time and get our boarding passes.

Can anyone tell me if this is still correct?  I also seem to also remember reading recently that they do not require us to upload the picture for the online check-in procedure as so many people were having difficulty with this....and that they would then just take our pictures at embarkation.

Thanks in advance for any information anyone can provide.

i have my boarding documents without having to struggle to upload the picture.  On the form there was an option to take the picture later.  They always retake it when you check in anyway.  Made it a whole lot simpler.

Photo is not required to complete on-line check in,

The reference to a “camera ready device” is really incorrect.  What you need is an electronic headshot of yourself saved to the device you use for check in.   Could be a passport photo.  Or there is the option to bypass the photo step and they will take one when you check in for boarding.

Joe

23 hours ago, msn123 said:

i have my boarding documents without having to struggle to upload the picture.  On the form there was an option to take the picture later.  They always retake it when you check in anyway.  Made it a whole lot simpler.

I’ve just checked in for our cruise, there was a bit that said skip the photo so I did 😂I’ll let them do it at the peer! 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, di T said:

I’ll let them do it at the peer

Me too, Di. We tried this afternoon but it was a right bloody faff, so gave up.

And, Joe - thanks for the design of the luggage tags. Just reworded it to suit and  printed off. And have found a couple of plastic tags on Amazon (UK).

John

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

In December, we got all docs, summary brochure, luggage tags, we’re able to do online checkin, and take and upload photos. We did everything and didn’t experience any problems.  In June, we got email docs, no summary brochure or luggage tags, did online checkin and  took photo.  Photo would not upload.  Crazy?  Next day we got boarding passes stating photos will be taken at the pier.