Picture-A-Week 2023 - Week 22

Pictures taken between Monday, May 29 and Sunday, June 4.

Long weekend in the US. More time for photos.

Barbeque? Picnic?

Rules: See above

That's it. This isn't a contest.

All photos taken this week are welcome (not just cruising).

Prizes will not be awarded. Discovering the joy of photography is the prize.

The idea is to get folks out using their cameras for more than vacations and toddler birthdays.

Post one. Post many. Up to you.

Have fun with your camera and share your fun with others!

I was doing some gardening after work on Thursday when Kim ran out of the house with one of those looks on her face that you never want to see. She was just told that our 18mo. old grandson, Kai had climbed up on a table in his room, pushed out the window screen and fallen ~20 ft. to the sidewalk below. Son-in-law Ronnie offered to drive us to the hospital and off we went. Calls continued as we drove and by the time we covered the 50 miles to the hospital, we knew that a CT scan showed a small skull fracture with no internal bleeding and Kai was conscious, alert and a little fussy. We all went in to see him and after a few uneventful hours and many hugs, we headed home much relieved and a little amazed. Miracle, or just a tough little guy? We’ll gladly take either.

Calls You Never Want

2023-22CallsYouNeverWant.thumb.jpg.1a09c870511326b368232773572b0003.jpg

Dave

P.S. An hour after we left, the collar was off, he was playing with it, and was snacking on Goldfish crackers. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, pierces said:

Miracle, or just a tough little guy?

Both, definitely. And so happy to know he's ok 🙂 

My nephew had a cast on his arm at age one, he managed to jump or climb out of his crib (even on the lowest possible setting) so...it happens, but it's scary. I probably have a print somewhere, he's 31 now!

My thoughts go to your little hockey star...being a fan of the sport, I know how that can get, though it's cleaned up a lot since I was little and helmets were being phased in 😂

Hope Kai heals well and quick!

• Thanks 1

Just an update on our grandson a little less than a month after he crawled out of his bedroom window and fell 20' to the sidewalk below.

Before he was released the next day, they set him down to walk out and he was limping a bit more than they liked. It turned out to be a hairline fracture of his tibia. They put a full cast on him to minimize motion and home he went.

image.thumb.png.25cd5ab9828de282abc42e356c727d45.png

His aunt sent him a get-well shirt.

image.png.81f5ea35c148455f78024e0497194696.png

We sent him a child-proof window guard for his bedroom.

10 days later he went in for a walking cast and the x-ray showed the bone to be completely healed. No cast and while he was a little unsteady, he was able to walk just fine. Running the next day.

This weekend at the birthday extravaganza you would have never known he had been hurt. Here he is waiting for cake with his big sister after running around just like a kid all afternoon. 

y4mkt90sfA4Plsh7E1DZIf1zlDMb7_Yzkj7vi-5gfmrPmQ4PKjdHTbK_WSJr2IlvZyP0O2PrNru-YvpedXUi1RSW4Bbyhh0-NjCsZn9fi4f5_throo8PHxW8dW-yqj2AuXvbov6g0_dLkj1p__VjNdlk748AROATzMsOVouaujIpRop-Iy8YsW9xihjd1E2wtTmX4z6-g9HFBKBQyfmjYBo9bRMVDycxySIHqt-PgAlWrQ?encodeFailures=1&width=911&height=1366

We are amazed and grateful.

Dave

• Like 5