Please help - last minute - what time?

JSR

Thank you for helping, I am sure this has been asked and answered a million times but am really pressed for time as we leave in less then 48 hours and this is a very last minute trip due to our original cruise being canceled and suddenly having to rebook etc. as the original cruise went out of Reykjavik and we live in Los Angeles. So with less then 48 hours I am canceling reservations, rebooking, and having to pack...

We are on a large Celebrity ship, disembarking in Civitavecchia and need to depart via plane from Rome that day. 

What time is the earliest we should book our departing flight without stress?

Thank you.  

Nothing before 11 AM if it's a direct to the States flight as you'll need to check in three hours prior.  If you'll have a connection somewhere within the Scengen zone before your transatlantic flight you'll need to be checked in two hours prior so you could take one after 10 AM.

12 minutes ago, JSR said:

@euro cruiser thank you for your quick reply. It is to AMS (Amsterdam)  which is in the Scengen zone and that is our final destination for that portion of our trip.

That is a domestic flight, so 2 hours in advance is fine. That is sort of important info...

• Like 1

Check out Cunard QM2, they canceled last month on the day of sailing. 

Our cruise was not canceled, it was a problem with the only ADA cabin on the ship so we could not go. 

It has been a scramble to cancel and rebook with less then 48 hours but we are almost done. Even got my husband packed. 

• Like 1

ADA cabins are an ongoing frustration.  As the population ages the need for these cabins will only increase, but the cruise lines so far are not reacting.  My brother is wheelchair bound and requires a roll in shower, often cruises with tons of empty cabins don't have any ADA ones available.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, JSR said:

Check out Cunard QM2, they canceled last month on the day of sailing. 

Our cruise was not canceled, it was a problem with the only ADA cabin on the ship so we could not go. 

It has been a scramble to cancel and rebook with less then 48 hours but we are almost done. Even got my husband packed. 

Just read the BBC report on Cunard QM2 cancellation. 20% FCC?  So this is supposed to cover flying back since the ship can't sail you back like expected?  That's rough.